Monday, August 26, 2013

TIERED TANK & MATERNITY TANK RUCHING

MONDAY, AUGUST 26, 2013



Good day friends!


I recently worked on 2 tanks to fit my changing body.


REDOS, BLOUSE REDO, MATERNITY REDO


The first being a thrifted, Non-maternity, tiered tank, which was WAY too big,
 especially the arm holes.
The second is a Ross maternity tank which had no shape at all.
 I wore it 2x before I finally HAD to fix it,
and both times I felt totally frumpy, even though it's so cute.

The alterations are below.




Tiered tank

L. Detaching the bottom and middle layers at the seams only and 2 & 1/2 inches to the right and left of seam.
R. Detaching the bias tape from the arm hole.

 L. I pinned the black material to take in, 1&1/2 inches to 2 inches
R. Material sewed and cut. Excess printed fabric hanging over.

Reattached layer.
I sewed the printed fabric as closely to the new width of the black,
cut the excess, folded in edges, sewed to stop from fraying and then reattached
to the black fabric.
Not perfect, maybe even the lazy way, as I did NOT remove each layer entirely.

 When I got to the the top layer/arm hole area,
I pinned the bias tape on each side, cut some of the excess,
laid 1 side down, tucked in the edge of the 2nd side, overlapped it
and finally sewed.

My church outfit
AFTER!

I wish I could say, it was sooo easy
but it was definitely time consuming.

It was worth it though,  I love it
and got compliments at church!

BLOUSE RESTYLE


////////////////////


Maternity tank

BEFORE
Pretty long and shapeless at the waist 

Adding some ruching to the sides was the simplest fix
and quick.

 T.L. I used thin elastic I had removed from some other redo. 
I used about 4" and seared the ends.
B.L. I then turned tank inside out,
attached elastic 1 inch from the bottom and 6 inches above from there.
R. I then carefully stretched as I sewed slowly. 


T. Ruching on elastic side
B. Ruching on opposite side.


REDOS, MATERNITY REDO, RUCHING,
AFTER

That's it!

It's a great way to adjust any top,
it doesn't have to be just for maternity wear.
It gives you pleating around the waist and can be pretty flattering.



BLOUSE RESTYLE

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment