ENTER HIS GATES WITH THANKSGIVING

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2012

Thanksgiving is almost here!
We've been talking so much about being thankful lately,
at bible study, youth and at the church's school today.
About what this opportunity for celebration is all about.

Psalm 100:4

New International Version (NIV)
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
I think about all the things God's done for me personally and for my family
and I HAVE to acknowledge how good & giving God has been.

 For the family and friends we have,
my pastor and church
our church family(2nd fam)
for the home we "own",
the cars we have,
hubby's job,
  the opportunities I am given to volunteer at my kid's school
 and at the church's private school,
 my hubby & kids,
their teachers
THANKSGIVING TEACHER CRAFTS
Teacher gifts: Candles & Chocolate :)
Turkey's have a 'thank you' note on the back

 food,
clothes,
health,
peace,
joy,
restoration,
salvation....
 There's so much.
"Mr Turkey" who fills our tummies,
 he can't help being so popular
hahaha
 And
of course, the opportunity to speak freely here
while you all sympathetically & humoringly
(ya, its a real word, I checked )
listen.
THANKS,
I  really am thankful.





Here are a few Thanksgiving inspired crafts
"Mr Turkey" got his own makeover
with the help of some leaves, loquat flower buds & mom's glue gun.
TURKEY CRAFT
NB's project
That got me thinking about a simple wreath.
Because the one I really wanted to make would cost me a pretty penny
and I'm not ready to go there lol
SIMPLE FALL WREATH
Its a tad uncentered due to the cluster.

SIMPLE FALL WREATH



All it took was this cardboard bottom which I cut,
I wish it had been bigger but it did the job,

these huge pinecones we picked up in Lake Tahoe a few weeks ago
and some Loquat flower buds.

I already had the ribbon too!
It was entirely free.

And last but not least,
the pinecones inspired my table.

FALL TABLETOP
Table runner thrifted:$1.98
6 Place mats thrifted: $2.98
Pumpkin: from out front
Basket: old
Cones:Free
Apples: previously purchased for consumption :)
Candles: gift
Peacock eyes: earrings my sis gave me
FALL TABLETOP


FALL TABLETOP
fabric from here + old jute
hubby says its wearing a headband lol


FALL TABLETOP
The "eyes" were damaged a bit so I removed the hooks and stuck into cones.

That's it!

I know its early,
 sort of,
most stores already have their Christmas stuff going up
but I have Christmas crafts in the works too.

And some that I've started for my garage.........
which I have yet to prove was REALLY messy.
I'm working on it.
I kind of lost my wind there,
distractions & other things left me with no motivation
and now I'm working my way around the house sprucing it up!

I feel like I'm going in spurts,
you know,
all GUNG HO
then nothing,
Gung ho,
nothing.....
Gung ho again.

That's where I'm at people.

:)

Comments

Popular Posts