DRESSING THE BUMP- DAILY LOOKS!

MONDAY, AUGUST 19, 2013
(ALL OUTFITS BELOW)

I realize that not everyone will be interested in what I'm wearing.


Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Dressing your bump, thrifted maternity
To get back to this post daily,
 just click this photo on the home page
Check out my round 2 by trimester!
tri 1
tri 2
tri 3
Prego tips

But some(family/friends) may.
Others like myself could be trying to find alternatives to what's out there.
Really, it's to motivate me to get dressed
 and not fall prey to feeling "big" and frumpy, like my previous pregnancies.
Also, it's a great way for me to document my growing belly:)

Prego story :)

FYI if you have a
account,
you can also see my outfits there.


Back then, I didn't do redo's, think outside the box,
or do much, but accept whatever clothes fit.
It was a legitimate low part of each pregnancy,
aside from the actual weight gain and nausea.
Being self-conscious when you're pregnant is unnecessary and stressful,
but it's what I felt. 
We were really limited in funds too which made it even harder to get clothes
I liked.
It got a little better with my daughter, thanks to a friend passing on some clothes.
I just wasn't as confident as I'd like to be.

Oh, and feeling proud of the belly?!
Forget it!
I felt more embarrassed as if people were judging my heftiness lol

But not this time!
I'm rocking the bump and excited to dress "it"!

(OUTFIT BELOW)
I've been very fortunate to find some decent clothes at the thrift store (not all maternity), some clearance at JCPenny 
and some super cute at Ross(limited selection).

I KNOW there are tons of places online to get clothes
but for way more than I'd like to pay.

I'm excited to use all the tools I've learned while doing REDO's,
 to dress nicely and inexpensively.

I'll be adding my outfit of the day here,
with the older outfits at the bottom.


37 weeks, cheap maternity, thrifted maternity
12.27.13
Thrifted non-mat. blouse, mat. sweater & belt, Mat. stretchy pants: Ross,
boots: Marshall's, ring: Old Navy clearance
I'm almost there folks!
I've been feeling the weight slow me down, literally.
Doesn't help that I've indulged, more than necessary.
I blame it on the holidays,
My prego excuse,
weird entitlement,
about to not have an excuse,
and because our fast will begin come Jan 1st! 


Other outfits below.


36 weeks, cheap maternity, thrifted maternity
12.21.13
Thrifted mat. blouse, mat. jeans, non-mat. sweater & belt, boots: Marshall's,
cheetah bangle: Flea market/swap meet

35 weeks, cheap maternity, thrifted maternity
12.13.13
Thrifted mat. blouse, mat. sweater & boots, mat. jeans: JCPenny clearance

Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 34 weeks
12.6.13
At the hotel in Eureka, Ca

Non-mat shirt: Walmart, thrifted non-mat sweater & mat. jeans, boots, old: Sam's club clearance.
One weekend we were in Los Angeles
the following in Eureka!
I'm done long-distance traveling, baby will be here soon!

Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 33 weeks
11.30.13
Thrifted non-mat tank & mat. cords, non-mat. shirt & boots-Marshall's
Thanksgiving weekend,
At the Placita Olvera, Los Angeles, ca
Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 32 weeks
11.22.13
Non-Mat shirt, sweater & tank, thrifted mat. cords & at one time, like new converse, thrifted as well.

Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 31 weeks
11.19.13
Non-mat. shirt-Walmart; Non-mat. vest & belt-thrifted;
t-shirt scarf-made;  Mat. khaki's- thrifted; boots-Marshall's

I'm almost 8 months!

Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 31 weeks
11.15.13
Non-mat.shirt-Walmart; men's vest redo-Target clearance;
mat. jeans-thrifted; flats-thrifted, bangle & earrings-flea market $1 each

I've been so behind on posting, taking preggo pics and 
overall tired.
It's expected as I'm getting further along :)


Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 30 weeks
11.10.13
Non-mat. blouse-thrifted; boys blazer-thrifted;
mat. pants- JCPenny; wedges-Old Navy clearance;
necklace-thrifted; bangle-flea market $1

Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 30 weeks
11.8.13
Non-mat. blouse-thrifted; non-mat. tank-Walmart;
mat. jeans-thrifted; sandals-Ross(old);
necklace-self made; bracelets-gifts from sis 

Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 29 weeks
11.3.13
Mat. blouse-Ross; belt-thrifted; mat. skirt-thrifted;
pumps-thrifted; bangle- flea market $1


Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 29 weeks
11.1.13
Mat. blouse-Ross; mat. cords-thrifted.
It's been surprisingly warm in the afternoons,
flip flops were necessary


Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 28 weeks
10.30.13
I finally found those khaki pants I was wanting and mentioned on 9.30!
Thrifted non-mat. tunic & tank; thrifted mat. khaki's- TOO big & wide-legged,
I took them in; thrifted flats; earrings & necklace gift;
button bracelet-self made 

Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 28 weeks
10.29.13
Non-mat. shirt-Walmart, too big in the armpit/arm area so I took it in;
thrifted non-mat. vest; thrifted mat. jeans & boots


Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 28 weeks
10.27.13
Thrifted non mat. tank;
 non-mat. maxi dress-(brand new)recent purchase at the salvage sale
for under $1; non-mat. cardigan-thrifted; snake print wedges-(old) Sear's clearance;
peacock earrings & necklace-gift; cheetah belt-flea market; 
It appears I had a jungle theme going as I had 3 different animal
prints on lol


Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 28 weeks
10.26.13
Thrifted non-mat. blouse/tunic(added ruching to the sides);
thrifted mat. jeans(made into skinnies); boots-Marshall's

I can't believe I'm 7 months!!!

We spent the day with family at a local pumpkin patch.
It's been an annual thing for a while now.
This time around M.S. got to join!
This little guy is going to have the privileged of saying HE was going to
the pumpkin patch since he was in my tummy :)

We had lots of fun, participated in different activities,
got lost a few times in the corn maze and enjoyed some baked goodies!


Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 27 weeks
10.23.13
Thrifted non-mat. blouse, tank & necklace; thrifted mat. jeans;
boots-Marshall's; leopard bangle-flea market


Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 27 weeks
10.22.13
Mat. cardigan- thrifted; non-mat. blouse-thrifted; non- mat. tank-Walmart;
black wooden necklace- $1 flea market; mat. cords- thrifted; flats-thrifted

My doctor's appt. today was unexpectedly LONG! 2 hours to be exact.
They were extremely busy.
At least I got my very pressing questions about circumcision 
answered.
My son suffered when he had his... 10+ years ago
and at the expense of the medical staff who misinformed me on pain management.
Like um, none is necessary?!
GRRRRRR

NOT THIS TIME folks.
I'm older, wiser, and definitely more vocal.

Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 27 weeks
10.18.13
Non mat. cardigan- old, thrifted; mat. blouse- thrifted; belt- $1 flea market;
mat. jeans- thrifted; boots- Marshall's
The kids and I had an appt this morning, so I pulled them out from school early.
Then decided NOT to send them back and head up to a kind of local
apple farm for the day.
Mom, sis & hubby joined us for day and had so much fun!
I have evidence on my boots....they're super dusty hahaha

Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 26 weeks
10.16.13
Mat. blouse- Ross; non- mat. red tank-old; blue flower-self made;
mat. jeans- thrifted; boots- sam's club clearance
I finally got my hair cut but a tad shorter than hoped.
Thank goodness, my hair is growing fast right now :)

Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 26 weeks
10.15.13
Thrifted non-mat. dress/tunic- Saw it at ROSS right after I had thrifted it. Pretty cool to only pay a tiny fraction of the real cost. I added elastic to both sides to give it some ruching as it hung too low, by my bottom/hips;
thrifted mat. cords & flats; green wooden necklace-$1 flea market

I was up really late last night finishing up the RRW packets;
counting out pages for students,
 their RRW pencils & ribbons, 
stickers for the week
and preparing prizes for the end of week class drawings.

I am relieved to be done!


Monday is the beginning of Red Ribbon Week
and I'll have to decorate a few areas around the school, 
but that will be a breeze!

Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 26 weeks
10.14.13
Self-made mat. tunic- from 2 thrifted items; cord. jacket- gift;
thrifted mat. jeans, booties, necklace & belt; pink ring- Old Navy clearance


I had lots of Red Ribbon copying to do and would have to stand a few hours to get through it all.
I opted to change my shoes, comfort was a necessity.
Still working on RR stuff and probably will 'till late tonight.
GOTTA get it done!


Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 26 weeks
10.13.13
Mat. blouse & leggings- Ross; black sash- came with thrifted blouse;
boots & necklace- thrifted; bangle- $1 flea market.
So my 7yr old pointed out that my necklace didn't match my blouse hahaha,
I told her I was fine with that.
But after seeing these photos,  rethinking her comment. lol


Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 26 weeks
10.11.13
Thrifted muumuu to blouse-redo; thrifted non-mat. tank;
thrifted mat. jeans & flats.


Hubby and I are going away just for the night, to hang out with the church staff
for our staff retreat.
We're staying local but any change in scenery and fellowship with this group is always welcome!


Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 25 weeks
10.10.13
Thrifted non-mat. blouse-redo, thrifted belt, mat. jeans & boots


Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 25 weeks
10.9.13
Thrifted mat. blouse; thrifted boy's flannel
(borrowed my son's, it's still a little big on him);
thrifted belt; clearance mat. pants; boots- Marshall's


Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 25 weeks
10.6.13
Thrifted mat. dress-redo; thrifted mat. tank, belt & booties + leopard bangles

Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 24 weeks
10.3.13

Non-mat. blouse- L.A. damaged but new sale $1; non-mat. tank-Walmart;
Bib necklace-here; Thrifted mat. cords & thrifted boots.

Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 24 weeks
10.2.13
Thrifted non-mat. lace tunic-it's too big in the midsection so made to side knots will eventually fix; White non-mat. tank-Walmart; Sash from thrifted dress- knotted; Clearanced jeans- JCPenney; Thrifted flats & earrings.


Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 24 weeks
9.30.13
Thrifted non-mat. dress/tunic turned blouse- redo , I'm thankful it still fits; 
thrifted non-mat. tank;
 thrifted mat. cords-turned into skinnies; thrifted sandals-old;
necklace-hubby

I was so happy to find these cords, a month ago.
I was wanting some fall colored items to wear when the time came.
I'm on the hunt for khaki-colored cords or jeans now.

I wonder if granny pants would work lol
You never know, they typically wear subdued colors
and in stretchy material with elastic waists.
Right up my alley haha.

Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 24 weeks
9.29.13
Thrifted non-mat blouse-redo
,  thrifted mat. jeans- made into skinnies, boots- (old) sam's club clearance, bangle-$1 flea market.
We finally shared what we're having and the name this weekend,
so much suspense but lots of fun.
I'll share the details eventually

Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 23 weeks
9.25.13
Mat. blouse-Ross; non-mat. tank-old; mat. ankle pants- JCP clearance;
flats-thrifted; earrings-?; bracelet- a gift from sis; ring- a gift from an aunt.

So, we've known for about a month what we're having
but chose to hold on to that info. for a while.
NO ONE, not the kids or family knows...except for God and the doctors,
oh and a janitor or two hahaha jk.
I really wanted to "savor" the moment,
pray for the baby and his/her name.

*I mean by the time we shared that we were expecting,
 it was a month later that we were already finding out the gender......
it just seemed so sudden to me, like my pregnancy experience was passing so quickly.
I'm sure my sentiments will be entirely different come d-day lol

That hasn't stopped the harassing questions
or the accusations that I must be wearing said color because baby MUST be
such and such hahaha.

Soon my friends, 
soon the WHOLE WORLD will know
bah ha ha ha



Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 23 weeks
9.24.13
White mat. tank, mustard non-mat. tank & necklaces- thrifted;
mat. jeans- clearance; boots- Marshall's; bangle- flea market

Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 23 weeks
9.22.13
FIRST DAY OF AUTUMN!!!
It was a brisk morning and my excuse to wear darker colors, longer sleeves & boots :)
Non-mat. blouse- Weavers(new):$1 at an L.A. damaged clothing sale. I covered up a dime-sized hole under the heart with lace.
mat. skirt & boots- thrifted; chunky necklace-gift from a longtime family friend who found it while coin detecting!
Earrings-thrifted


I'm a few photos short due to more crafting/fall decor'ing my house!
I couldn't wait till the official day of fall, I had to start a tad early :)


Those photos will be up soon.


Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 22 weeks
9.19.13
Mat. blouse- Ross; Men's vest redo-Target clearance; black mat. tank-thrifted;
black mat. leggings- Ross; flats-thrifted

Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 22 weeks
9.18.13
Thrifted non-mat. blouse; old tank; clearance mat. jeans;
thrifted wedges; earrings- $1 flea market; bracelets- a gift from sis;
ring- Old Navy clearance 

Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 22 weeks
9.17.13
Thrifted non-mat. blouse; white tank-old; clearance mat. jeans;
old sandals, thrifted bangles


Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 22 weeks
9.16.13
Thrifted non-mat. blouse, black tank, clearance mat. pants,

thrifted flats


Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 22 weeks
9.15.13
Thrifted mat.blouse, belt & wedges; OLD ('05) clearance mat. skirt- Old Navy;
t-shirt necklace-self made here

I remember only wearing this skirt maybe once when I was prego with my daughter
because it fit me awkwardly. 
I loved the print and price but settled for the poor fit.
This time around I took in the hips and leg area for a more fitted look.
MUCH BETTER!

Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 22 weeks
9.13.13
Thrifted mat. dress to blouse redo; thrifted tank, belt, wood bangle & wedges;
Clearance mat. jeans; leopard bangle $1- flea market

This was night 2 of the women's conference.
It was so much fun!
Imagine lots of women worshiping/praising the Lord,
with loud, upbeat, powerful, worship music;
hearing the beautiful voices of women in unison;
joyous expressions on their faces;
freedom in their actions.....
amazing!

Oh, and the evening wasn't over after service.
There was an after-party inside a large tent, chandelier, carpet, tables,
 lots of yummy food, hip-hop dancers, giveaways & DJ!
I'm a weakling and couldn't handle anything past 11:30p lol
but lots of women partied 'til the wee hours :)

Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 21 weeks
9.12.13
Non-Mat. thrifted blouse-
(Retro-fit Feb); thrifted mat. skirt & belt;
clearance wedges: Old Navy
I've missed a few days due to volunteering this week, home projects, and other stuff.
Although I've gotten dressed, nothing that's worthy of posting.
I was attending our women's 10th annual (evening)conference
and thought it only appropriate to dress up :)

And in a rush, just got 1 photo.
Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 21 weeks
9.8.13
I thrifted this non-mat. dress years ago, when I was prego with my daughter-Forever 21;

white tank-Walmart; necklace-thrifted; bangle- flea market $1 and wedges- Old Navy clearance.

Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 21 weeks
9.6.13
Non-mat. tanks-thrifted; lace (vest?)-old/thrifted; mat. jeans-thrifted;
wedges-thrifted; peacock earrings-gift; necklace-gift, button bracelet- made


Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 20 weeks
9.5.13
I borrowed hubby's striped shirt(hard to see stripes); $1 cheetah belt-flea market;
mat. leggings; sandals- old/thrifted; jewelry- Kohl's clearance 


Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 20 weeks
9.4.13
$1 earrings-flea market; old clearance non-mat. tank; non-mat. shirt $1;
peacock necklace-gift; mat. jeans-thrifted; dk turquoise flats


Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 20 weeks
9.1.13
Non-mat. dress used as a tunic- Ross clearance; necklace, belt & mat. skirt-thrifted;
wedges-old, JCPenny clearance


Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 20 weeks
8.30.13
I made this tunic!
I'm pretty proud of myself, it's combined with 2 previously thrifted items.

Mustard tank & belt- thrifted; Mat. leggings- Ross; flats-old, Walmart;
$1 leopard bangle-flea market; necklace-old


Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 19 weeks
8.29.13
Thrifted non-mat. blouse, white tank-old, clearance mat. ankle pants,
and thrifted flats


Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 19 weeks
8.28.13
Non-mat. shirt, thrifted cami(can't see), necklace, belt & booties,
clearance maternity jeans- JCPenny, clearance ring- Old Navy


Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 19 weeks
8.27.13
Ross mat. blouse-too big, worked on it here, thrifted mat. skirt & thrifted wedges.
Ps...you see my farmers tan :(

Soo... I had an appt this morning and it turns out I'm not 18+ weeks going on 19,
I'm ALREADY 19+ weeks, days away from 20!!!
WHAT?!
I'm healthy so that's all that matters,
I heard the heartbeat again...sigh
and
 a BIG WHEW cuz it explains my size a little better hahaha.


Sorry, NO 8.26.13 outfit,
spent most of my time working on my son's homework/computer desk


Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 18 weeks
8.25.13
I wore this to church today.
Thrifted non-mat. blouse I worked on, thrifted belt,
clearance JCPenny ankle pants, clearance Old Navy wedges
and $1 bangle-flea market find.


Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 18 weeks
8.23.13
Thrifted maternity dress $3- I turned into a top, thrifted belt $.50,
 thrifted(old)
 Old Navy non-maternity short: super low rise & stretchy!
Works great for the belly :)
Old sandals, thrifted bracelet


Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 18 weeks
8.22.13
Old-thrifted, non-mat. blouse which was too loose: I added some pleats in the back,
thrifted tank, clearance jeans: JCPenny-Perfect fit but TIGHT band!
I fixed it to fit my belly, old boots: Marshall's, $1 leopard bangle: flea market,
necklace: hubby


Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 18 weeks
8.21.13
Thrifted maternity blouse $3-too big so I took in the sides 1", thrifted belt $0.75,

 thrifted flats-old, maternity jeans-JCPenny clearance $15

Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 17 weeks
8.20.19 
This is entirely thrifted except for the Neon necklace, a Kohl's clearance find 
 and the t-shirt necklace I made way before.
I also recently converted these pants into skinnies.
Maternity looks, Maternity clothes, Maternity outfits, Thrifted maternity, Dressing your bump, Inexpensive maternity, 17 weeks
8.19.13
Thrifted, non-maternity dress to skirt redo, $1 non-maternity shirt,
thrifted belt & flats, button bracelet-up-cycled items.


Comments

Popular Posts