MATERNITY DRESS TO MATERNITY BLOUSE
FRIDAY, AUGUST 23, 2013
HAPPY FRIDAY friends!
I feel like the kids and I have had a successful, first full week of school.
Waking up for them is getting easier,
getting dressed and beds made, much quicker
and so far, small amounts of homework :)
Oh and I've been back on the dreaded treadmill as of this week, yay....
I pray you all have a blessed weekend.
It still had the Macy's return tag,
some Mommy didn't like it.
But I definitely did, well the colors and pattern.
Here's to my FIRST MATERNITY TOP!!!
Aside from that, it's not my kind of dress.
1) Not flattering on me at all, prego or not.
2) It looks like a little girl's dress
L. I removed the top portion and elastic holding it together.
C. I un-stitched the right and left sides about 10", it's where I'd make my sleeves.
I then turned inside out and sewed a horizontal stitch at the bottom
so it wouldn't unravel anymore.
I then folded the edges inward (correct side) 2x and pinned.
I wanted the sleeves to have a border.
R. I then sewed each side to create the borders.
This is before I did the sleeves
but I had found the center of the material and used the angles in the pattern
to mark off the collar area.
I was going to use the angles to make a v-neck.
L. After finishing the sleeves,
I sewed the shoulder areas leaving the marked off, V-Neck section open.
I cut the V out, turned right side out and pinned area
to make a border there as well.
This was a little tricky as I cut a tad too much,
so I had to add a few pleats to disguise the mess up.
R. I sewed those down, took in an inch from the sides tapering out a bit at the bottom
and last I added 2 large pleats in the back as it was still too loose.
|This is what I'm wearing today.|
I added a tank underneath, a belt to cinch the waste a bit more
and some shorts.
How to fix a tight waist band is now found here