SHE'S EIGHT!

SATURDAY, MARCH 1, 2014

Ohh, I'm on a roll

I'm doing my best to stay somewhat current,
it's just about all I can do right now.

Pretty soon, I'll have little more to offer.



So, as the title says,
my baby girl has had another birthday!

February 21, 2014
Thrifted blazer, blouse & skirt: Walmart, tights: Target, shoes: K-mart





BUT having the baby 2 months ago,
 has/had sort of left me with half the time or energy needed for anything.
 Which meant a mostly low key celebration for my daughter,
but with the utmost priority of making her still feeling loved, special and celebrated. 

 She was very understanding & let me off the hook,
but also very specific with her birthday celebration requests.

One of them being I use hearts in her birthday decor. 


It's all below

////////////////////

2.20.14

Decorating the night before.

It's our tradition/surprise for each of them on their birthday.
They usually wake up & rush in to see how we decorated for them 
and love that they get to keep it up for a whole week.

Doily banner, heart doilies
 I got these clearanced heart doilies at Walmart $0.43 and strung with some twine.
I used poster board for the white hearts.


Most of her gifts were clothes which I used in bouquet form as decoration.
I really wanted to create a pretty place for her.


t-shirt flowers, t-shirt bouquet
Clothes & headband: Target
I rolled the shirts & leggings into flower shapes and placed in a vase.

t-shirt flowers
These are 2 different shirts & a pair of black leggings.
Each leg is wrapped around a "flower", secured with twine
and then overlapped.



She was totally excited to have her own real flower bouquet,
purchased from Walmart.

////////////////////
2.21.14
Morning of






IHOP for their Chocolate Chip Pancakes





Then to the theater for the Lego movie,
(baby's 1st movie too, he did great!
Thanks to mom & sis for the help)
playing with new toys after
and getting  a few photos of her.

We eventually headed off to target for gift exchanges
and then home for some more family time.

We were all a little beat from the still new, baby adjustments,
and opted to postpone her special evening plans,
Incredible Johns Pizza,
until the following day.

Big sis & baby brother- 7 wks, 1 day old
to date- 8 wks 2days

She loves him so much

I think the feeling is mutual :)

////////////////////
2.22.14
John's Incredible Pizza

Her birthday weekend ended with a visit to our local, 
wildly busy,
 crowded, 
did I say wildly busy?
Incredible John's Pizza. 

 Thank goodness sis took the baby for that part.
 I wouldn't have been able to handle the madness of the establishment
 with a newborn,
 let alone enjoy time with my daughter.



She had a great birthday weekend.

I'm thankful to my hubby, mom & sis for helping make her day special.

////////////////////

In other news,
We celebrate Baby M's 2 month birthday tomorrow!

You KNOW what that means :)

Comments

Popular Posts