MAKE DO PT6: THOUGHTS,TIPS & A FEATURE!

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2012






As I said last week,
The MAKE-DO CHALLENGE was officially over




I chose to continue it for a few reasons:
-Share my thoughts on MAKING-DO
-What its done for us
-Our tips for MAKING-DO
and
-Last, but not least, this...........


THE SISTERS FOUR
featured me on their Making Do challenge!

They gave it a fancy name...
MAKING DO WITH AMANDA

ok jk, not fancy but fun!

whad'ya say?!

I know can you believe it?!

((((heart pounding))))
<<annoying squeals!>>

What a cool honor :)

I didn't want to mention it prematurely,
after all...
they could have figured out what kind of nut I really am,
(M.S. & hubby know it all too well)
report me as spam, 
and, well you know, reject my awesomeness wisdom,
;)
 so I've kept mum for what seems like an eternity,
OK weeks lol

They let me loose,
I talked
and now I share with you :)
THANKS SISTERS!!!!


Head over, they are a fun bunch! 
And if you feel so inclined, 
Check out my Make-Do rantings


About these lovely girls








Enough about that,
onto the rest of this post!




MAKING DO THOUGHTS
  
FINANCIAL GOALS, MONEY, SAVING

I believe God's helped us to self regulate.
We've rarely shopped out of emotion or impulse
or at least put some sense into each other before the purchase.
We're boring like that I guess.
Not really hahahaha
We've been pretty mindful of our long term financial goals:
-strengthen our credit
(great before the unemployment)
-be debt free
(we dislike owing anyone)
-put money aside for kid's college/future
-OWN our cars/home
-rainy day
-be a blessing to others
and
-be good stewards of what we've been blessed with

----------------------------------------------------


MONEY SAVING, LIVING WITHIN YOUR MEANS

MOST people don't get everything they want,
at least not right away.
It takes time.
We understood that early on, being raised on very limited incomes,
 our mommas knew how to make a dollar stretch.
Although sometimes it seemed as if other people our age,
where "better off", seemingly had more or just had it easy.

We just continued living our lives, one financial choice at a time,
choosing to save over spend,
make-do or do without,
knowing that charging/borrowing wasn't the answer or an option.
We reserved credit cards for ABSOLUTE emergencies.
I convinced hubby EARLY on that thrifting WAS a good thing
NOT the cheap thing.
He struggled a bit with it but was convinced.
I was able to find great things to fill our home
and our closets, all on a budget.

Super proud of that.

Maybe that's a "simpleton's" thinking,
but we've saved ourselves THOUSANDS of dollars
buying from second hand/thrift stores/clearance racks
and
the heartache/fights from looming debt.
So what if I don't have the "model" home
or the top fashion finds,
RIGHT.
THIS. 
SECOND.
Maybe someday we will.
Either way,
LIFE is about so much more.

-----------------------------------------------------


BUDGETING, MONEY
online
Isn't being tied down to debt a downer anyway?
There's less freedom- both in your mind & wallet,
and becomes an emotional & spiritual weight.
One that many people seem to spiral out of control from.
Sometimes,
people buy to fill what's missing.
To fill an emotional,spiritual or relational void
that no item can truly satisfy.
.
There's freedom knowing though
that our value & joy doesn't come from our net worth,
possessions,
name brands,
etc.
It comes from God, family & friends

--------------------------------------------------------


MAKING CHANGE, CHANGE, GOD
online
Deep down I think people want to be better with their finances,
spending habits,
investments,
recycling,reusing,repurposing,
meal prep,
DIY,
etc.
they just don't always know how.

It takes proactive action on our parts
but it doesn't have to be huge, difficult changes, they can be small subtle ones.

So with that being said.
I'd love to share some of the things we've done over the years
to MAKE DO.

This could take a while.......... 


MAKING DO TIPS

   








I am in no way saying these are the only ways or best ways,
 just some of the different ways we've been able to save.


If you have any tips of your own, 
do share!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I've talked WAY too much
and for fear of losing you back there with the frozen milk thing
I'll stop here hahaha.

Truthfully Making Do is a way of living.


online







Comments

Popular Posts