MAKE-DO PT 3: SHIRT FIX & OUTFIT REMIX

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2012
These last few days have ACTUALLY felt like Fall!
The air has been cooler and the evenings pretty brisk :)
I'm still wearing my sandals
but I've busted out my suede boots a few times and worn with pleasure!


I also finished ANOTHER MAN'S WAR by Sam Childers,
it was amazing!
The most reading I've done outside of my Bible in a LONG time.


I cried, laughed, was encouraged by the miracles
and exposed to Sudan and Uganda's devestation.
I shared with whoever happen to be around me,
whether they wanted to listen or not lol
most importantly, solidified my desire to help out the children in some way.

 pt.1  pt.2     pt.4  pt.5  pt.6

This week's MAKE-DO looked like this

FIXING GIRLS' STAINED SHIRT
BEFORE:
My daughter N.B.'s stained white T
 :(
Her t-shirt had been sitting aside for a month or so
because I knew I'd do something with it someday.
THIS was the perfect time....
as I vowed to NOT SHOP unless I had to.
I didn't have to.
M.S. and I had JUST talked about going to our fave thrift store too,
getting excited about fall items,
and other things we'd like...........
when she said  'Oh wait, I have no money :( '
to which I responded 'AND, I'm not suppose to spend any, double frown'
hahaha
We got over it quickly.

FIXING GIRLS' STAINED SHIRT
Ok, so I used the leftover fabric from this REDO to make a bib collar
and the muted purple and dark blue lace to cover up the stains.
I cut out part of the collar and fabric to place over the large stain
 and made my own bows to cover all the other little random ones.
BOWS
  3" purple lace folded in 3's
  1" blue lace folded in half lengthwise
I wrapped the blue around the purple and sewed with a brighter purple for contrast.

MAKE DO CHALLENGE- SHIRT FIX AND OUTFIT REMIX

My baby girl!
She was playing at church and now her knees are dirty :/
Spray & Wash its your turn.

I paired her "new" shirt with her hot pink pants.

I originally wore the skirt HERE and the endless scarf HERE
I wore them with my cream blouse & booties.

OUTFIT REMIX AND SHIRT FIX

SHIRT FIX

CLOSE UP
I told her to pose however she wanted to,
this is what she came up with
lol


Comments

Popular Posts