SUNNY SKIRT & SIMPLE SHOE SAVE

TUESDAY, AUGUST 28, 2012



How was your weekend?

Anything new or exciting happen?

I usually ask my kids similar questions at the end of their school day.
Along with,
 'did you pay attention, participate in class,
 finish your lunch, drink your water, get lots of homework?'

THOSE are my daily questions for sure.

 At times I get excited responses about their day
 and slightly annoyed "yes, mom" to the other's hahaha


This weekend I worked on a dress I found at the thrift store.


YELLOW DRESS TO SKIRT

REDO
DRESS: thrifted $2.50
I loved it instantly!




I really hesitated on whether I could pull off such

a bold color/print.

Especially this yellow, I love it but it doesn't love me.
I have some yellow undertones in my skin,
so I have to be careful.

When I was a kid, I had this absolutely favorite pale yellow dress.
Not sure how I got it but I remember feeling so pretty.
I also remember my mom telling me I had outgrown it :(
hahaha
THE yellow dress! Me & my little sis E visiting our grama C in Mexico.
We're about 5 years old, NOT twins just born in the same year.
I was born in Jan, she in Dec, yes, 2 babies in 1 year.
Mom advised against it lol


I must have a deep down desire to relive my sunny yellow dress days.
YELLOW DRESS TO SKIRT

The cut was flattering but due to my height,
the top portion hung too much and created a big puff.
On short people, less fuss is best.
So, I decided to turn it into a skirt.
M.S. says I chickened out lol
She's partly right,
I could have removed some of the excess and still kept it a dress.
T.L.- I unstitched the top from the skirt.
T.R.- I cut across the "band" and eventually cut under the middle button
B.L.- I turned inside out and ironed in the edges.
B.R.- I used 1&1/4" elastic for the waist and inserted between the opening.
(after cutting length I sealed the edges by melting them on the stove so they wouldn't unravel)
I pinned the elastic to each end and waited to sew.

YELLOW DRESS TO SKIRT

L.- I unstitched the button area so that I could take in the side a bit,
it flared out ackwardly.
C.- I then pinned the sides together and sewed about 2" in, then cut excess.
R.- I reattached the 2 sides, sewed the elastic ends and sewed the waist.
REDOS, DIY SKIRT, THRIFTED SKIRT,
My baby girl jumped in the pic :)
AFTER:
I wore it to church with a black/white stripped blouse (church sale .25!),
boys blazer (thrifted 2.00), belt (thrifted 2.00) and the red shoes.

Although its been hot lately,
 this Sunday was chilly and breezy, perfect for my blazer wearing.


 Without the blazer

Side
SHOES
SIMPLE SHOE FIX

BEFORE:
I've only had these a few months, thrifted in almost new condition.
But I damaged them.
They got fixed in a jiffy.

REDOS, SHOE REDO, FIX YOUR SHOES, SIMPLE SHOE FIX

AFTER:

I used the glue on the tip and the nail polish on the shoes.
Its not an exact match but I painted the up/lower rim with a color I already had.


NOT bad right?
I LOOOVE my new YELLOW skirt! 


Ps, I'll be posting SUMMER 2012 pt 2 soon.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts