SUPER HERO OR SESAME STREET THEMED COOKIES

Hello friends!
This mama still exists haha.

I have a simple, fun post today.
It's just a little something I stumbled across a while back and thought I'd share.

super hero cookies in coordinating colors, themed cookies, super hero theme, sesame street theme, colored dough, colored cookies





During the school year (it's just about that time too!) my kids will bring home fundraising booklets with goodies or gifts for purchase, 
maybe yours do too or you've been approached by a cute kiddo wanting to earn some prizes.
Though we're eager to support, part of me doesn't want the sweets
 aka temptation in the house, 
the other part says, "you could just make it yourself or buy it at the store", 
even though I don't and most always do.
No time for scratch made cookies!

So we order, get Grama and Tia E (auntie E) to order, the kids earn prizes,
and then a few weeks later we all get our treats.
ALL. IS. GOOD.

Until this one specific time during a fall fundraiser.
I rushed through the order form,
ordered what I thought was chocolate chip cookies
and accidentally ordered THIS 
😭

Not just 1 package, TWO.

Sorry friends but I'm not a fan of sugar cookies.
Even less, cookies that actually look like play-doh.

I can't speak for their quality or taste as I didn't even give them a chance.
I'm sure they're tasty to the sugar cookie lover,
even just a kid who wants to eat their own creation.

Anyway, I had plans for "my" chocolate chip cookies.
The youth at our church would get warm, gooey, chocolaty treats,
and wash them down with cold milk.
I'd be the "cool" mom, 
then hear about the yummy treats I brought later that evening.... 
They're not even scratch made,
a girl can dream though, right?

If I didn't want to eat them,
how could I expect the teens to?

Most people will eat just about anything that's free
 but there was NOTHING snazzy or enticing about these cookies as is.
I needed a guaranteed way they'd eat the cookies
because this mama couldn't bring them back.
And I  wasn't about to waste money or food.

here

A little improvising and the cookies could be salvageable.

"dressed them up" with leftover candy we had from the harvest festival
and gave them a fun name because HELLO!
they got a much needed makeover.

super hero themed cookies with colored dough and candy

If you DO like sugar cookies, I won't judge ;) and would like to jazz them up,
  separate your dough into fourths,
 add food dye to each, mix, form cookies and add candy before baking.
Bake as usual.


For a little more variety, I added double chocolate chip cookies
 which I thankfully already had  in my freezer.
Nestle double chocolate chip cookies

I served them up, crossed my fingers and hoped for the best.

It got me thinking though,
what if these were for a younger group of kids?
Sesame Street could work!
like here

Maybe you'll never make my ordering mistake, but would love a fun treat for a gathering or party.

It doesn't even have to be sugar cookie dough, you could use food coloring with chocolate chip cookie dough and still get the same effect.

Grab your own SUPER HERO or SESAME STREET tags
and get to baking!
Or faking, in my case haha.



I'm happy to say my plan worked,
I brought NO cookies home!

Mama for the win!





PLEASE NOTE: This file is for personal use only. 
You may not forward, share, sell or distribute the files. It is for non-commercial use only.

These items are not licensed products and all images of characters used are free and not being sold. 
I do not claim any ownership over the characters used, they solely belong to their respective copyright holders. 



Comments

Popular Posts