RUFFLES & PEARLS

SUNDAY, MAY 27, 2012


Ok here is the extremely late post on this tank blouse.
As in almost 2 months late,
something I was suppose to donate
to last weekend's boutique....
You get the picture.
RUFFLES AND PEARLS BLOUSE
AFTER


                                                     
before


TANK BLOUSE: Thrifted $1.98



I bought this along with a bunch of other items for the boutique.
I tried to keep it close to $1 for each item.
Less is more, sometimes.


There was nothing "wrong" with it, I just didn't like how it looked.
It was a long tank with ruffles at the bottom and a busy collar.

RUFFLES AND PEARLS BLOUSE
I removed the 2nd and 3rd row of ruffles


RUFFLES AND PEARLS BLOUSE
I then added some lace I got from my mom a while back.
I overlapped the lace a bit as I pinned, then sewed.

I then removed the bottom ruffles, 2 layers total.


I sewed the raw edges of the wider pieces, folded in the corners and sewed together.
(lazy way, correct way would have been to cut at an angle and sew)


 Then I pinned the correct sides to the arm area, inside out side facing up.
I was making some sleeves.

I then sewed the raw hem at the bottom.


BEFORE/AFTER




HOW I WORE IT
RUFFLES AND PEARLS BLOUSE

I wore with orange tank, black belt-created a waist,





 dark jeans, black pumps, orange ring, pink & orange bangles.

Everything previously thrifted.



Side/Back

Since I'm not keeping this, I didn't take it in.


This is my OFFICIAL 1st item for the summer sale.


Now time to get dressed.........

Going to go see

for the 1st time, with M and her family!
It's a girls night!




Comments

Popular Posts