REDO #20: ROYAL BLUE V NECK & SLEEVES

 Sunday, May 22, 2011 

 This weekend I finished my official "come back" REDO!
Although I technically started Mother's day weekend, with a dress intended for Mother's day, it didn't work out.
 I wore a similar top as the one I worked on this week instead, except much cuter and no need  for adjustments.
 I haven't given up on that dress, it WILL make an appearance soon.

This top was big, squarish and plain but I LOVED the rich royal blue; my first too.

BLOUSE $.99

POLYESTER UPDATE, V NECK, POINTED SLEEVES, THRIFTED REDO




BEFORE: Polyester! Eh, I loved the color but not the shape

Shoulder pads & tag removed.

Shortened sleeves but out of pure laziness left unhemmed haha.

I did my best to make even points  on both sleeves hopefully creating flowiness when worn.

Since I cut so closely to the underarm area, I had to sew a small hem on both

I then worked on the collar. I folded the blouse in half and cut into it about 4 inches.

Since the material doesn't fold so well and I really did't want to iron the edges down,
 it took me a while to get the collar right. I'm pretty sure this was my first V-neck 
and polyester is not a very forgiving type of material.

AFTER: I know...my stance is weird! lol Oh well, too late now. 
I wore a black camisole, dressy capris,  flats & silver jewelry.

The V neck isn't perfect, I'm certain done all wrong. 
It's decent enough for me though.

After putting it on this morning, I realized that it was too long for my torso, so I quickly folded under, pinned and sewed.
 It shortened the length and created a cool band at the bottom.

Side: I forgot to mention earlier that I also took in 1 inch from each side.

My flowy SLEEVE :)


////////////////////

2014 OUTFIT RESTYLE

Camisole & skirt: thrifted/ earrings: Old Navy/ necklace: gift/ 
bangle: flea market/ wedges: Sear's clearance

Comments

Popular Posts