PRENATAL WORKOUTS

OCTOBER 17, 2018


Friends, I'm back with more maternity stuff!
prenatal workouts, youtube workouts, glowbodypt, maternity workouts
5.30.17/ 34 weeks +2 days
Morning walk with my little love M.S.
and baby M.J. in my tummy.

 I'm REALLY excited to share the awesome prenatal workouts I did
January - June 2017.
It made a huge difference in my confidence,
health, abilities, and what it allowed me to do.
Also, because it's accessible, free, and I want you to feel good too!


Come on, let's check it out!
Seriously, give this mama a chance.




It all started with my 2nd trimester "Dress the Bump" post (Winter '17)
where I shared that I had finally gotten to a place in my pregnancy 
that wasn't run by nausea.
1.9.17 14 weeks
It was the worst
and the one constant in my pregnancies.
(5 in total, 4 early term)

  I was committing to being my healthiest while, at my oldest age, pregnant.
So when I could finally work out, 
popped in the maternity dvd I had recently purchased
only to find out it was was SO basic.
Like stretching and prancing around basic bahaha!

My other workouts weren't pregnancy safe 
and now my attempt to provide a comparable replacement
had failed miserably. 

I completed about a week of workouts, felt extremely silly and just couldn't continue.
😐

I realized I had
 1. Wasted my $10
 2. Forgotten all about YouTube's plethora of videos.


And THEN I found Ashley.
😍
It literally changed EVERYTHING for me.

I promise I'm not being overdramatic.
I'll talk more about that in my Post Partum Workouts post.

She had FREE Glow Body PT  videos on YouTube which I streamed on my TV
or my phone when necessary.
(she has so many more now!)
You could easily build a different workout for each day of the week,
never doing the same combo because of the variety she has.
And I DID!

I totally connected with her right through my screen.
She encouraged me and rooted for me
all in the comfort/privacy of my home.

here
If you think for a second that you couldn't possibly work out,
 you have too much going on, 
or that you're not in the greatest shape to begin with;
these would be perfect for you and the lady who was already working out.

And guess what?!
Her workout videos are also for the lady who's not pregnant.

First off, Ashley provides modifications,
assists you in proper and improper positioning 
and can easily be accomplished with with little to no equipment.

The workouts target multiple muscle groups
in an efficient and effective way.
WHAT?!
You mean I can work out smarter and for shorter periods
and STILL get results?!?!
Absolutely lady!

Absolutely.


Cute workout shirt!

Why did I want to workout, especially during pregnancy?
I really wanted to give baby and myself the best chance for healthy development,
steady weight gain and the least amount of prenatal health concerns.

That meant being intentional with my diet,
taking my Plexus supplements,
staying active and overall making better choices.

And it turns out
I actually enjoyed it!
(not the case most of my life)

Even while pregnant,
dealing with an itchy stomach,
stopping for lots of potty breaks,
and when moving around was getting tougher.
I really, really did!

But don't get excited for a visual,
 I didn't dare photograph myself in stretchy pants. hahaha

Working out with my little buddy M.S.
meant improvising with his blocks so he'd have his own "weights" too.
What I do have, are photos of a hiking trip to Mt. Tamalpais in Marin County, Ca
 I took at 7 months pregnant! 
This mama was packed with waters and snacks!


Maybe I was a little delirious in attempting this,
it was definitely the most extreme thing I'd done while pregnant;
maybe ever.
 I was intrigued by the challenge
and weak to the beauty I'd be surrounded by.
Plus, I'd be among some strong mama's!


Had I not been working out 30min 4-5x a week,
using Ashley's videos, I KNOW,
I would not have attempted this hike while pregnant.





Turns out our hike was about 6 hours long,
mostly because I was slowing the group some
and carrying a toddler added extra weight for hubby.

It was such an adventure and much tougher than I imagined but SO worth it.





Our gorgeous view as we finished up our hike
I can't guarantee you'll be able to accomplish something similar
or even more strenuous,
but I can say being active made all the difference. 

I felt utterly exhausted by the end but oh so proud,
 of myself and my family!

To reward our efforts, 
we all decided to end our night the best possible way,
eating some yummy local pizza and ice cream!

<<<<<================================>>>>>

If Ashley's workouts aren't for you,
chose different ones.
Here are a few others I used as Ashley didn't have these at the time,
 she does now!
1. Chest workout with Kathleen Tesori 
2. Chest and Triceps with Doctor Cathy 
and other maternity ones too

I just prefer GlowBody PT.

My rule of thumb for workouts
1. Am I easily able do some of it and or modify to my ability?
  2. Am I challenged by the rest of it?

We're not looking for ease, 
ease doesn't provide the resistance or challenge
needed for improvement.
We start with what we can do and build from there.


The day after the hike I felt like I'd been hit by a car.
Sore to the max but still SO thrilled to have done it.

Thankfully this mama got a little break and didn't have to make lunch.
We ate, laughed, and talked about how awesome our weekend had been.

And if that wasn't enough, my fortune cookie gave me a sweet "word". 
I'd be just fine.
😃


Let me know what workouts you've tried 
or if Ashley's were as awesome for you.

Wishing you a happy, healthy, bump journey!

Comments

Popular Posts