MOTHER'S DAY MANTEL & FAMILY PHOTOS

FRIDAY, MAY 16, 2014



mom's day, mom's day decor, mom's mantel

Have I mentioned how much fun I'm having
decorating this spot?

How it doesn't have to be new, expensive,
or even for its intended purpose to personalize your home?


*Oh and for what it's worth,
it doesn't have to look like anyone else's home
or get approval by others.
If you like it, you like it.
:)

This is only my second time
and I'm loving the variety I'm able to create 
by swapping out my thrift finds.

This is also the second and main area I put focus on my little loves.





I have to say this one came about slightly be default.
See I had found those awesome FREE letters online, at the On To Baby site;
because I had been searching for inexpensive ways to bring more personalization 
into our home.
I even created some decent wall "art" by just using PicMonkey,
printing at *my Sam's Club (more on that later), framing and putting up.

*(Like I own the place. I'm there weekly, WITHOUT FAIL,
and they know me by name at the photo center.
That's how much I frequent the place lol)


I've mentioned 2 of my kid's names once
but for their continued privacy, I've blocked them.

So, that was the plan for these customized prints.
I purchased Dollar Tree frames, framed them
and then set aside.
Since I was prepping for Mother's Day,
wasn't going to be able to get to them.

Here's where they come into play.

Since I couldn't display them on the wall as I'd liked,

 the mantel was the next best thing.

Everything else just came together.

ITEMS
Runner- Thrifted sheet I cut
Chalkboard sign- DIY here
Glass bottle, carafe, 2 small bottles, canvas, gold charger & glass panel- Thrifted
Frames, pink flowers, stacked goblets, mossy stones & moss- Dollar Tree
Fresh flowers & vase- Walmart
Glass bowl- Repurposed from floor lamp
Prints- site & Sam's Club(0.38 +tx each)
Basket-from old flower arrangement
White candle holders(next image)- Salvage sale



You can choose your letter, name and colors for each.




My eldest 2 were totally excited to be the center of attention again!






FYI
I previously edited these in a semi dark space,
late at night, with screen light dimmed(mistakenly)
because sometimes that's the only time I can. 
It produced over lighted/rich colored photos,
but since I'm too tired to do anything about it,
 They'll stay this way.


////////////////////

May 11, 2014

Mother's Day!

We went to church for an awesome mom's day service
and every mom got blessed with these gifts:
This magazine
Flowers For Mother poem-Injete Chesoni
"Prescription" scripture-Prescription bottles filled with scripture
Proverbs 3:5-6 bookmark
Makeup
Starbucks iced coffee
Yummy cupcake
Skittles candy
And
Coffee Almonds!
Who knew?

Then came home for a BBQ lunch, presents & photos.



Grama R and her newest grand baby M. 

She's been waiting for YEARS to get her baby fix.

Grama R (my mom) & the kids





My sis has been waiting a long time too.


Grama R getting them to smile




3 generations
Wish my grama B, their great-grama, could have been here.
My eldest was only 2&1/2 when she passed.
She was an awesome, funny, giving, hard-working, independent, God-fearing little lady.
Knowing her,
 she'd probably be at her church having a potluck & blessing the ladies.

She'd scold me lightheartedly over my son's hair, saying boys didn't wear long hair
and that I needed to cut it. 
But I love me some luscious, flowey, tamed locks.
I'd say, "Grama I like it, 
besides JESUS had long hair."
She'd respond with a, "hmph", half smile and walk away.
lol

So, will baby M carry on the long haired tradition?
Absolutely!


NB- shirt&skirt:Walmart
My Dress: Ross clearance, shoes & belt: Thrifted.
Baby M- Shirt & shorts: Thrifted
ML- Shirt & shorts: Thrifted, Shoes:gift
I am one blessed mamma.

Comments

Popular Posts