REDO #6 FIXING BELT LOOP ON JEANS

SUNDAY, JANUARY 2, 2011 




HAPPY NEW YEARRRRRR!


Its the first weekend in 2011

 and wanted to do something easy after all the late nights.



FIXING BELT LOOP, BLING JEANS, JEWELED JEANS

I pulled out some jeans a friend gave me over a year ago,
 she couldn't use them and passed them on to me. 
Since this was back when I wasn't being consistent with my alterations,
 I tucked them away in my closet thinking I'd get to them. lol That never happened. 
They're "jeweled" both on the front/back pockets, not my typical style,
 but they're brand new and free!

She's also taller than I am,
so I needed to take in the length and fix a hole where a belt loop tore.





JEANS $0





Near the back right pocket a loop was torn off and left a visible hole, 
both which I wanted to fix

I measured 3 in and used the end of the measuring tape as my guide. 
With a regular pencil I made dashes along the way and then cut.

Instead of finishing the hem, I worked on closing up the hole & fixing the loop.
 I used the seam section of the leftover jean because I wanted thick reinforced material to back up the hole. 
Since the material had shredded too much I couldn't just sew the hole shut.

I folded the jean material in half and placed it on the inside. I sewed it by hand with a super thick/big needle and around the hole. 
We were watching The Three Stooges, got distracted and sewed it a little crooked ;/

Outside view, before loop got fixed. 
You can still see the shredded thread from the tear but there's no more hole. 
Now just have to re-attach loop and hem length

AFTER: 
I purposely cut just enough to wear with boots. Paired with my black thin/sheer sweater(camisole underneath), cropped striped jacket and muted silver jewelry


Length




CLOSE UP: Fixed loop, no visible signs of a hole ever existing!

////////////////////

Comments

Popular Posts