REDO #2 VEST & #3 CUMMERBUND

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2010 



VEST $.50  CUMMERBUND $1.00

THRIFTED VEST, CUMMERBUND, VEST REDO, CUMMERBUND REDO

This weekend I have 2 items I worked on
 since they were minor things and liked them together.




My first is a burgundy vest with missing sequins. 
The sequins are cute but not my thing, so regardless of missing sequins or not they were coming off. 
I found this at our church's sale.  We had a full on "thrift store" going on in our sanctuary for weeks! We'd set it up Sunday after service and work on it throughout the week as we sold stuff. The goal, to raise 30,000!




The second item a cummerbund, (I've been calling them cumberbunds lol)
 I happen to find at my fave thrift store a few days ago as I was looking for a tie (for hubby of course).   I found this gorgeous colored men's piece and loved it instantly.


BEFORE: 2nd item a cummerbund with really long straps.
 I shortened straps to fit properly, cut the ends and sewed by hand.



AFTER: I wore both items together, not a perfect match but pretty close. I'm wearing a longer tapered shirt, skinny jeans, boots, silver chain which I knotted, silver hoops & silver bangles which I forgot to add back on when taking the pic.
 Again...everything but the boots were a thrift find.



Close up!

////////////////////

Comments

Popular Posts