CORAL BLOUSE

FRIDAY, JUNE 29, 2012

Hey guys, this is the last thing I worked on AND donated.

Its slightly misleading as it appears that the left is the "AFTER" but its really a great "BEFORE". 
I'll explain below.

CORAL DRESS TO BLOUSE
BEFORE/BEFORE

CORAL DRESS: Purchased at church sale .25!
JEAN DRESS: Previously thrifted-
used leftover scraps
from HERE

Ok, this dress was so cute!

It just wasn't long enough or big enough AND the collar was lower than I liked.
It also wasn't something I planned on working on to donate.

I bought it only for the skirt part of it, which I will eventually work on.

I felt pretty bad cutting into a perfectly good dress
JUST
for my selfish desire of the skirt.
So...I reworked it and REDONATED it!


I took the coral top and the bottom portion of the jean dress and sewed those together to make a new blouse.
LEFT: I liked the lighter shade of jean on the underside, so I sewed the hem on the darker side.
RIGHT: I then pinned at the seams of the "shirt"first, then throughout creating some pleats in the front and back. I then sewed.

CORAL DRESS TO BLOUSE
AFTER/FLOWER

I created the flower from a leftover ruffle, sewed together and then onto the blouse.






Comments

Popular Posts