80's BUSINESS TO CURRENT & CASUAL

FRIDAY, JUNE 29, 2012



HAPPY FRIDAY

This week is so different from the last,
the sale was in its last days & we had tons going on....
(Don't get me wrong, now its Fireworks lol)
SATURDAY
My son's karate class
 party shopping
 sale clean up
 race track
cafe cooking
cupcake baking/pretzel dipping
sleep?
SUNDAY
Cafe shift
Sunday service
lunch?
PREP, PREP, PREP for my Son's 9th Birthday party!
4pm party set up @ park
5pm RACING PARTAY!!!

It went really well too,
SIGH of relief!

I'll post pics soon :)


SECOND ITEM DONATED

DRESS: Thrifted $1.00

80'S BUSINESS DRESS REDO
Front/Back









This dress was ugly,
probably something a business woman might have worn to work or even church.
It had a faux vest and gold buttons.

80'S BUSINESS DRESS REDO

LEFT: I unstitched the entire top portion so that I could remove the vest.
RIGHT: I then used some of the lace my mom had given me a while back,
pinned the best I could and sewed.


TOP: I pinned the shoulders, arm areas and the rest of the sides.
BOTTOM: I then sewed the shoulders, the black little flaps around the neck over it and then the arm areas.
LEFT: I sewed the sides last, taking in a bit so the arm hole wouldn't be so wide and the lace would be tucked in nicely.

80'S BUSINESS DRESS REDO
AFTER:

I took 2" off the length to make it a more modern length.
I had planned to dye it a bright color but ran out of time.



Although I don't know if I'll ever see this dress again,
I got the closest compliment I'll EVER get,
when THIS happened on a late night after the sale.......




 It was sent to me yesterday 
and  KNEW what I was going to do with it!


It was done in fun.
To save this young man from any more shame,
as he knows NOTHING about this pic getting out,
I've kindly blocked his face hahaha

Too funny!




Comments

Popular Posts