HAPPY GO LUCKY GREEN ------->black skirt

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 10, 2012
Would you say its true that,
anytime you wear an "abundance" of color;

found online
a loud/wild print;

found online
a bright/deep shade;

found online
 some funky shoe;
(all exaggerations of course)
or
even something unlike your typical style,
 you have to have a level of confidence to pull it off?

How about trying something new,
putting yourself out there,
or
challenging yourself to more?

I think so.
Whether the confidence is real or not, doesn't matter.
That's what I tell M.S. all the time.
I say "own it" and she knows what I mean;
have confidence no matter what,
even if you're still figuring it out.

 The clothing we see on others may be "different",
totally not your style,
or just unexpected.......
BUT 
if a person wears it with confidence
YOU
accept it.
NOT because you like it
because the confidence the person displays wins you over.

Or at least makes you wish you were as confident lol

RIGHT?!
Truthfully,
our clothes don't make us,
at least not the core of who we are.
Our character and integrity do,
along with the God given gifts, talents & strengths.

 sidenoteClothes DO help, I'm not denying that.
I feel more confident when I present myself properly.
But I also know its not JUST the clothes,
 for me its pride in the redo's I've done and in who God's made me.

If I'm confident,
NO MATTER what I'm wearing,
 I've already won.

WHY?
Because you and I have value separate from our clothes.
If we strive to grow and be more of who we want to be,
confidence reveals itself within us and is evident to others.


Imagine you're a gift,
the wrapping, a nice covering,
but not the prize,

 what's inside is.

 
 I know this because
 the God who made you & I
 DIDN'T make trash.
He made beauty.


So skip the approval test:
compliment= pass
Silence= fail

and grab yourself some confidence!



CHECK IT OUT
 A great book, one I have yet to read.
CELEBRATE YOUR CONFIDENCE!
Push the limits of your comfort zone
and
GO WILD!!!


Well, don't go crazy,
it was just for dramatic effect.
haha

Ok, I didn't go wild but I did go  GREEN.

NOT
Goblin
Grinch
Oscar the grouch
green
but a
Jolly Giant
Heimlich
Kermit the frog
HAPPY GO LUCKY
kind of
 GREEN
:)
 REDO


This weekend I worked on a skirt.
It was a super easy fix too.
SKIRT: Thrifted $1.00
BLACK SKIRT REDO
Front/Back
The skirt was in new condition,
 fit great around the waist but too big in the hip/bum area.


BLACK SKIRT REDO


L. I turned inside out and tapered from the waist towards the bottom, taking in 1inch from the sides.
I had to sew a little into the pocket area.

T.R. I then cut the excess and hemmed the edges so that it wouldn't shred.

B.R. I removed the tag and reattached on the side so I could wear it either way.


SKIRT REDO, REDOS, THIRFTED SKIRT
notice ANYTHING about the background?
My door got a new look, my chance to finally come out of my room lol
Backyard is beautiful but weather & dog poo made it inconvenient.

AFTER:

I wore with a pink camisole and new, recently thrifted, MO & CO. DE PARIS  blouse $1!
Not sure how it got donated or what, but had never heard of company before.
I couldn't find the blouse but here's a peak at their 2012 line
LOOKBOOK.
I also wore it backwards. The zipper & slit are in the back.
BUTTON BRACELET that I made, old navy clearance jewelry (ring & necklace $1.99 each),
and these thrifted shoes in black.

Me To "Ramira"
in grey
Although these are no longer available,
in 2007 they went for $89.
Recently thrifted for $6 & like new!
BLACK SKIRT REDO

SIDE


 JEWELERY

Faux pearlies from my 1998 wedding :)
Birdcage necklace

Comments

Popular Posts