DECOR REDO #2 TWO PEACOCK PRINT FRAMES

 SUNDAY, JULY 10, 2011 


DIY PEACOCK PRINTS, PEACOCK ART

WOW, my last post was almost a month ago but I had a great reason!

I was planning for my son's 8th birthday which happened to fall between 2 great events I got to be a part of. First of being a week long church fundraising sale, my son's birthday and then straight into a week of fireworks! Not to mention we got away for a few days to Eureka, got back Sat (9th) and am now ready to get back to my ROOM!

This weekend I'm showing you 2 frames I worked on in June, 
items (B)$1.24+tx and (D) $1.49+tx

Working on B and D


ITEM (B)-
 I took the frame, glass, mat & print apart ( I tossed the print). 
I decided on a deep purple so I mixed the gold, black and nightsky together.

MAT AFTER


 I then mixed Inca gold (brighter gold), red & black to get a copper color which worked!
 I ended up not liking it lol so I went back to the gold/black mixture instead. 
Also I sanded lightly with a fine grain to get some of the clear stain off and help the paint adhere better. 
Again, I already had the sandpaper.

 FRAME + MAT AFTER - 
 I found a cool black & white peacock online,
printed on photo paper and inserted to complete it.


////////////////////


ITEM (D)- I also took the glass out of the dark brown"tray" frame.

I had purple spray paint from a previous project. I thought I'd try it, but I didn't like it! 
So I pulled out a few tropical blues & black to cover the purple.

FRAME AFTER
 I left the mat alone. I inserted the glass, mat and 4 different pics of feathered hair pieces I found online. 
I really love my printer, it's much cheaper than buying prints!


PS. Dollar tree had photo paper for $1!



////////////////////

Comments

Popular Posts