HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS pt1 CHRISTMAS WREATH WITH FRESH ELEMENTS

TUESDAY, JANUARY 15, 2013

OK, its "tomorrow"!



Our wreath


So WHAT was I up to all of December?

Crafting, decorating and helping my church transfer in lots of donations for the Christmas outreaches we were having.
 I am amazed at what people can do to bless others when God's at the forefront of it all. 

 I had the pleasure of attending/serving at many Christmas parties.
Yippee
 I also helped with the search of gifts, toys, etc for the families of our church and those it reaches, who otherwise wouldn't have received something during the season.
  It was fun! 

 But I forgot my 2 YEAR ANNIVERSARY of REDO'S (12.6.12) 
 AND my 1 YEAR on BLOGGER(12.7.12) !!! 
 WHERE was MY BRAIN?!! REALLY? 
 Forget about our annual Christmas photos, those never happened :(

We were also HEAVILY, persuaded to sit and watch lots of Christmas movies/specials, and the 25 Days of Christmas, which was so easily accessible through On Demand.
 Throw in some cookie making, coffee/hot chocolate sipping, blankets, cozying up,
 and well, you get the picture. 
 Maybe I'll do a recap of some 2011/12 faves. 

 For now, here is the start of my Christmas 2012 changes, decorations & crafts.

Wreath


T.L. This is a wreath I've had for many years.
T.R. One of the SPIKY pinecones we picked up in Lake Tahoe, Ca.
B.L. I decided to make a flower of sorts by using hubby's pliers to twist off some "petals" 
FYI use gloves....the stickiness is a mess.
B.R. Close up. I continued to twist off layers until about half way.

L. I then cut a few leaf clusters from our Loquat tree, 
used scrap pine branches I got free from a local tree lot,
twigs from one of our trees,
and ribbon I got for pennies to add to the wreath.
R. I used a Larks knot to make my bow,
its hard to explain so click on the link.
Not shown- I attached the pinecone in the center with a rubberband 
and shredded the ends of the ribbon.
 Close up of pine "flower"


I didn't have fake snow....so I used white spray paint lol


Once again.
And just about free!
CHRISTMAS WREATH, FRESH WREATH, CHEAP CHRISTMAS WREATH


////////////////////


Comments

Popular Posts