REDO'S #32 ROCKER SHIRT & #33 GREY SKIRT

Monday, October 3, 2011 at 9:18pm

The 2nd and 3rd REDO's this weekend are a skirt I bought in August from Old Navy with the Navy Bucks and off of the clearance rack.  And a white T-shirt my previous student J.H. gave me.

2. Old Navy Skirt- $3.50+tx
3. Men's Hanes T-shirt- $0 from J.H.

BEFORE: Skirt 1 size too big which would be an easy fix. Since it was shorter than my other skirts I also wanted to reduce the amount of fabric so there were NO Marilyn Monroe incidents on windy days :/


This was the easiest/quickest redo of the week! I turned in inside out and began stitching from the waist all the way down. The end! I didn't cut the extra off, I just left it. Just cuz.


 BEFORE: Men's Hanes T.

ROCKER SHIRT REDO
 My son M's faded Tshirt, #2


I cut the collar of the shirt.


 I cut the sleeves.



 I turned inside out and kinda winged it. I took in about 1/2 inch from both sides ad cut. I HAD tried it on before so I knew not to take too much off. I ironed new seams when I was all done.

With the extra sleeve pieces, I took the left narrow seam(top) and lined it up with the center fold (bottom) almost like the opening of an envelope.

   I then stacked the sides 2x like an accordion and pinned down the best I could. It was pretty thick.

OPTION 1: "envelope" opening facing collar or.....


OPTION 2: "envelope" opening facing sleeve
ROCKER SHIRT REDO
FUN PART! I then took M's Tshirt and cut out the guitarist. I couldn't let this Tshirt go to waste, I liked it too much! I pinned the front and back together, around and in the picture 1st so that I'd have no movement, using the top piece for the front and possibly its "shadow" for the back of the white tshirt.


I then separated the pieces and used white thread for the stitching. I did this slowly so that I wouldn't mess up especially around the curvy sides. I got lazy and left the "shadow" off.


REDOS, HANES SHIRT REDO, ROCKER SHIRT
AFTER: I wore with a Jade colored tank underneath, the grey skirt I fixed, my reversible vest (redo #6), black calf boots, a green necklace not that closely matched & pewter hoops.


ROCKER SHIRT REDO
CLOSE UP:


SLEEVES- I went with option 2


SIDE


SKIRT


REDOS, HANES TSHIRT REDO, ROCKER SHIRT
OUTFIT 2- Jeans, no necklace, swapped hoops out for my Jade colored earrings that Miss C.C. -J's mom made! And my grey flats. 

I was on my way to the MEN OF THE HOUSE (our men's group) pre dinner prep/set up and needed something comfy. A friend and I + my kiddos were headed to the movies after. COURAGEOUS was FANTASTIC!!! 10 MORE makeup REDO's!


Comments

Popular Posts