REDO # 34 LITTLE GIRL'S SHIRT

 Monday, October 10, 2011 at 12:00am

School 2011 Fall pics are here tomorrow(Monday) and my kids are probably not as excited as I am lol

I had thrifted tons of clothes for my kids before school started, finding great stuff, including my daughter's long sleeve plaid shirt. Unfortunately it's too big to wear as is. Normally I'd wait for her to grow into it but  I worked on it so that she could it wear for picture day. The great thing is that when she DOES grow, it will STILL fit her!


1. DAUGHTER'S SHIRT: Thrifted....don't remember price


LITTLE GIRLS BLOUSE REDO
 BEFORE:shirt was probably 2 sizes too big! On the left side you can the inside straps that hold the rolled sleeve.


Left pocket was coming undone at the bottom.


I cut a lot of the sleeve off and left it until later.


I then used leftover fabric from my skirt REDO #29 and cut 2 small identical pieces.


I folded in half at first but then refolded it into 3rds so the raw sides wouldn't be visible.


I pinned each strip around the waist area of the shirt because I was going to make belt loops. The stripes on the shirt made it easier to position.


I hand sewed with black thread.


I also used the hem of my old shirt from REDO #30 as a belt. I trimmed all the uneven areas.

 POCKET: I could have easily sewn the open spot on the pocket but that was too boring/easy. So I unstitched it completely, which gave me the pocket & flap to work with.


LITTLE GIRL BLOUSE REDO
I used both the flap and pocket to make these little flowers. I have no technique, I just twisted, folded and worked with it until I got what looked like flowers. I then sewed them up before adding to the shirt.


I finally sewed the sleeve but only stitched small areas under pit and outer sides of center crease.


LITTLE GIRL BLOUSE REDO
AFTER:


CLOSE UP: I'll take a picture of her in it later and post it too.

LITTLE GIRL BLOUSE REDO
AFTER: My baby girl all TOO happy to model for her mom :) She totally posed on her own lol She's my cutie pie #2


Comments

Popular Posts