REDO # 35 PINK & GREEN STRIPED SWEATER

Monday, October 10, 2011 at 12:00am

This weekend I also worked on one of my favorite sweaters I thrifted years ago. I hadn't worn it since early spring because I got clorox on the sleeve :/. I  still couldn't part with it! It had been hanging in my closet, kind of forgotten, it was time to give it new purpose.


2. SWEATER: Thrifted.....


PINK AND GREEN REDO
BEFORE: My sweater! Love the unexpected colors together.


SLEEVE: :( Clorox on the upper part and lower.


Since the sweater had been worn over the last few years, it had the fuzzy look sweaters get. I removed the tags and was going to work with it inside out.


I cut lots off of sleeve. I don't have a photo for it but I also cut a stripe from the sleeve, stretched it out and knotted and twisted it into flowers to sew onto the front.


While inside out, I pinned the sleeve and was going to sew into place but leave the raw edge exposed.


The exposed edge/seam curls over nicely covering the new stitch.


I then removed the buttons from the sweater, flipped them over too to use the opposite side (top"old" button, bottom,"new" buttons) and sewed onto the new side.


PINK AND GREEN REDO
AFTER: I wore with white tank, my REALLY old thrifted skirt I bought BEFORE my kids were born, my newly thrifted Hillard & Hanson sandals barely worn, $3.50!!!! 
I wore small gold hoops, 2 gold necklaces and my big green ring. I LOVE the different patterns! I'm working on the mixing while matching thing and hopefully including a little of the unexpected for fun. I really like how the inside of the sweater now the outside had exposed threads all along the seams and button area.


PINK AND GREEN REDOPINK AND GREEN REDO
CLOSE UP: New flower & buttons


Sleeve & Side


Outfit #2 After church wore with my khaki pants, thrifted and hemmed long ago. They were a lighter shade of green.
9 MORE makeup REDO's


Comments

Popular Posts