REDO# 36- GREEN SWEATER VEST

Friday, October 21, 2011 at 11:51am

I'm super late in posting but I've been SO busy with Red Ribbon Week prep, lots of little ones, errands, kids, homework....you get it. Due to that craziness I only had enough energy to redo 1 item.

 I got this vest 2 weeks ago at the thrift store. I LOVE the color so much and was excited to own something in this shade. It was a pretty easy redo, it just needed some taking in and removal of the sweater fuzzies. Dreaded fuzzies!



SWEATER VEST $1.50


GREEN SWEATER VEST
BEFORE: Too big & noticeable fuzzies.


FUZZIES


I turned inside out and sewed an inch from each side.


I then trimmed
I cut the excess in half for making some flowers. I used 3 halves. Played with the strips until I got what I wanted then sewed them and finally onto the vest. I don't have a photo but I also used my scissors which are pretty sharp, to "scrape" the fuzzies off. Worked pretty good.
GREEN SWEATER VEST
OPTION 1


OPTION 2


OPTION 3


GREEN SWEATER VEST
AFTER: I wore with previously thrifted black top, Old Navy clearance skirt ($3.50) in mauve?  I DID say recently, that I was adding some unexpected to the mix lol & my black boots. Black earrings and my go to ring- the green one. Thanks to my Aunt N for blessing me with her old fave's :)


FLOWERS: I chose option 3. What would you have chosen?


SIDE. Totally easy redo, thank you Jesus, I needed a break!


Comments

Popular Posts