RETRO-FIT #2 FAUX-CUFF SLEEVES

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2013


RETRO REDO, THRIFTED RETRO, FAUX CUFF, DIY SHORT SLEEVES

http://sowseeksewreap.blogspot.com/2013/02/retro-fit-february.html
here
So, I was kind of  a single parent from last Thursday until Sunday.
Homework, meals, packed lunches, chores, laundry,
volunteering,  karate......
Hubby had to make a visit to his mom's due to some health issues.
But Praise the Lord, 
she's doing very well, so he made it home Sunday afternoon.
Sundays are typically early/long days, 
so the kids and I napped (I think I was more "pooped" ie. exhausted, by his absence)
 while hubby relaxed in his favorite chair
and 
watched some football.
When nap time was over, grabbed some quick dinner and a movie :)

We missed him tons, I'm SO thankful this isn't the norm.

Now for the REDO



When I mentioned I went pre-birthday shopping,
it was at my favorite thrift store.
I'm easy to please haha

This is another thrifted blouse .99

My son said, 'Mom, that looks like a man's shirt!'
lol
WE'LL see, son, We'll see.

I began by removing the large shoulder pads and the stiff mesh it had.
Like the pads weren't enough, 
this was "insurance" that those suckers were staying up.



Sleeves
T.L. I cut most of the sleeves off and then took in 1/2 inch from the arm area and through the body.
I made sure to stitch the ends because this material frayed easily.
T.R. I then took 1 sleeve piece & cut in half lengthwise. 
B.L. I separated the halves, folded over the length part until 
it was as horizontal and even as possible.
I was going to make me some CUFFS!
I think these are my 1st.
B.R. I repeated with the other half, cut across both pieces,
then ironed edges down and in.

PS. I made sure to wrap the strip around my arm to see if it was long enough
and shortened as needed.


FAUX-CUFFS
L. I opened up and folded in half the inside out way and sewed the ends.
R. Beginning signs of the cuff.


L. Since the sleeve was still a bit large, I stitched about 1 & 1/2 inch upwards (1 inch inward),
to give my pleat a base. I then spread open that separated area, 
laid flat against the rest of the fabric and began to pin the cuff on.
R. I inserted the sleeve into the cuff, lining up the edge with the 
crease of the cuff and pinned all around.
I then double sewed them on.

LAST but not least....I aligned the buttons, taking them in about an inch from
their original spot.

AFTER
I paired my "new" RETRO BLOUSE with these pants ,
thrifted belt, black boots and thrifted/clearanced jewelry.

BACK VIEW
Best part, I can wear it both ways!
It even had its tiny tag on the shoulder 
instead of its typical "back" area.

Old thrifted necklaces & the collar

SLEEVES
Front and side of sleeves.
The sewing isn't straight, oh well.


////////////////////

OUTFIT RESTYLE






Comments

Popular Posts