RETRO-FIT #4 PULL-STRING SLEEVES

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2013


I've been "away" with my kiddos, 
enjoying their PRESIDENT'S WEEK.


Yep, my kids got a WHOLE week off 
instead of 2 Mondays.
Pretty sweet!

RETRO REDO, THRIFTED BLOUSE, DIY PULL STRING SLEEVES


So,
I missed my 4th RETRO-FIT post,
(Today's post!)
HERE 
the 5th which is this weekend's,
 sharing about my baby girl's 7th birthday celebration,
my belated birthday redo, 
and my plans for March.
I'll get to everything in consecutive posts

They started back today so I'm back too :)

Here's my RETRO-FIT REDO#4


This is another thrifted blouse
$1.00

BEFORE:
The blouse was very loose at the bottom with big wide sleeves but I really liked
the diagonal print, the buttoned front and the colors.

I was hoping to do something with the sleeves and the sizing.



RETRO STRIPPED BLOUSE
T. I cut about 6 inches from the sleeves.
L. I turned the blouse inside out, folded edge twice
 and pinned where the new hem would be.
I didn't iron out of laziness
C. I then found the center of each sleeve-opposite to seam,
unfolded once and began to make 2 button holes.
R. The new button holes

L. I then cut strips from the leftover material to use for the sleeves.
R. I sewed 2 ends together to make 1 string, then folded over and sewed.
Repeat. 


T.L. Next I found the center of the string, unfolded seem area of sleeve 
and pinned there.
T.R. I then re-pinned with material over the string to keep it in place.
B.L. I then ran the string around the sleeve, making sure to re-pin after.
B.R. Last, I fed the ends through the new button holes & pinned together.

Not sure what kind of sleeve its called but
I wanted to have a pull string effect.

I then sewed the hem making sure to keep the strings from sliding back into
the sleeve.


The last thing I did was fold the blouse in half, seam to seam,
and pinned where some darts would go in the back.
I ultimately added some to the front as well.



AFTER
 I wore with my black thrifted skirt, 2nd birthday shoes, thrifted (like new,$5.00!),
and some silver jewelry.

RETRO BLOUSE REDO
I also removed the button loops and 
switched out the buttons to these larger flower-like ones.
They are not functioning buttons,
I'm lucky my head fit through the opening lol

Pull-String Sleeve!

THRIFTED BOOTIES
Thrifted
My new shoes!
The shoe tread was barely scuffed.


////////////////////

Comments

Popular Posts