HELLO 7, MY BABY GIRL HAD A BIRTHDAY!

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2013

Let's talk ,
I've got to share about my baby girl!

Its all about her, so sit back and get comfy
cuz its a long post!

HELLO KITTY 7TH BIRTHDAY
Birthday shirt at Macy's $10
hat clearanced $3

This gorgeous girl N.B.
is my daughter.
She's a girly girl
and a complete Daddy's girl.


HELLO KITTY 7TH BIRTHDAY
Born 2/21/2006
6 lbs
19 inches
2 cowlicks in opposite directions and on the crown of her head....
sis says she'll have natural lift lol

HELLO KITTY 7TH BIRTHDAY
Previous gift from a pal


She's an unexpected blessing as we thought it unlikely to happen. 

Hubby's family has MANY, MANY boys. 
There was a challenge & award for the family who 
could produce the 1st girl lol
Years later there were still only 2 girls.
 Our first child was a boy, 
more confirmation that any consecutive child of ours would be... 
a boy.

 But we were in
 for 

HUGE 
surprise!




The day of the sonogram I was certain that it was a boy.
I wasn't expecting anything other
or hoping for anything else.

 My family and friends suggested it COULD be a girl
 because I carried different etc, etc, etc.

 I have to admit everything was different with this pregnancy,
 but isn't it typically?
That wasn't enough to convince me.


After drinking lots of water,
being prodded and pressed on for an eternity,
nothing. 
No signs.
The baby was asleep and not showing the "goods".

I had to lean over in all kinds of awkward positions
 to get my answer,
you know, that it's a boy.


I mean I was so close to losing the liquids,
I just about said "forget it, I know it's a boy, I gotta pee!"

BUT when push came to shove, literally,
we were told it was a girl!

We laughed and said "what?!"
At that point, I no longer had to go.

The nurse's face went from a smile to concern
and she then asked, "did you not want a girl?"

I sputtered, "yes, no, I mean, we never thought it possible!
We didn't plan on it, we didn't hope for it,
 we were totally happy with a second boy"
And we really would have,
but God had other plans :)

My 2 babies! Remember that cowlick?
 I could never get the back of her hair to go down, she was always sportin' a faux hawk
That instantly eased her and she congratulated us.
We walked out of that medical room on cloud 9
and with the largest smiles ever.
 It was as if we had won the jackpot.

I will never forget that day,
or the "I told you so's" lol
__________________

We started off her birthday celebrations a little early
as DISNEY ON ICE  was coming to town.

My mom surprised her with tickets,
so I was able to take her, my son & MS.

2/18/13
DISNEY ON ICE 2013, 7TH BIRTHDAY
Dressing like a princess!

DISNEY ON ICE
A really cute show

DISNEY ON ICE 2013




DISNEY ON ICE

DISNEY  ON ICE 2013

DISNEY ON ICE 2013

Crown from Party City $3
Dress a brand new hand-me down from sis's boss!
Wand, don't ask lol

FEBRUARY 21!

HELLO KITTY BIRTHDAY DECOR
Birthday morning decorations

Hello kitty stand with 3 Dollar tree glassware items
& her round Hello Kitty toy she already had.

HELLO KITTY BIRTHDAY DECOR
Hello Kitty cutout made by hubby :)

 Poster board from Dollar Tree

HELLO KITTY, 7TH BIRTHDAY
Yearly birthday breakfast at our favorite diner.

HELLO KITTY, 7TH BIRTHDAY

Soon after,
ESCAPE FROM PLANET EARTH,
birthday shopping,
PINKBERRY
gift opening,
playtime
and
a NAP.
Lunch was kind of skipped.

Since there was no school for them,
I planned her party on the same day, 
later on in the evening.

As per her request, we held it at Chuck E Cheese.

HELLO KITTY BIRTHDAY
After doing some research and price comparisons,
 found it much more cost effective to forgo a planned party with a "host",
 all the unnecessary extras and plan it myself.

It was extremely easy!
 Some pre-planning, quick decor, multiple coupons & my own cupcakes was a total breeze.


There were a few friends who couldn't make it but in all 10 kids total,
the boys were off playing.




It was a GREAT DAY,
we had lots of fun as a family
and with buddies at her party.
A far cry from last year :/
here  and here 

Each of her friends left with these
Gift bags-free, Cotton candy Dollar Tree, Hat/Purse Macy's clearance+ president's sale discount
$3, nail files/flower lip gloss pennies at a sale.
with a choice of a bow cap or a glitter purse
and 30 doubled tickets at the prize counter which were free and printable here 

The boys got tickets & a blue bag of cotton candy.



Not bad, mama :)

Thank you Lord for blessing us with N.B!


________________

Comments

Popular Posts