RETRO-FIT FEBRUARY! CREATING FITTED SLEEVES AND BODY

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 6, 2013


RETRO REDO, FITTED SLEEVES, FITTED BODY, THRIFTED REDO,
WHAT is Retro-fit?
Check it out below!



Ahhh....
I feel so accomplished.

Its been a little over a week since MS moved out,
just from our home not our hearts :)
(we had family-nite last night!)

Accomplishment #1
2-4 at the end
I worked diligently to get my daughter's room ready for her
and my son's back to normal.


I plan in the near future to redo their rooms and give them a fresh look.
HELLO KITTY is her theme of choice
found online
and he's been wanting this...
found online
since LAST year.
We'll see what I can come up with on the cheap.


They've truly enjoyed having their own rooms again,
but like expected.......
they don't want to sleep in separate rooms yet.

My daughter is now back in her room,
 while my son sleeps in his sleeping bag,
over a few layers of padding,
on her floor. lol

Hubby say's ML will have to go back to his room soon,
I say, let them be, its ONLY been 10 days.

They've shared his room for.... since December of 2008.
And previous to that, her current room use to be his,
and even then HE shared it with her,
since my sis lived with us.

Can you blame them?!
I won this time hahaha.

////////////////////

Now onto this





Last year I spent time making over some V-Day inspired Redo's
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR POST

V-DAY REDO 1- HEART BLOUSE   V-DAY REDO 3- MEN'S SHIRT TO WOMEN'S TOP
   
  http://sowseeksewreap.blogspot.com/2012/02/love-month-2-mistake-miracle-great.html   

 
This year
due to my pre-birthday shopping,
 fell head over heels,
for the retro prints I saw in abundance
AND
had to do something.

I mean, how could I NOT snatch up .99 cent or less blouses,
which needed a new, safe, well appreciated home in my closet?

RIGHT!?

So WHAT is RETRO-FIT FEB?

Its my attempt to make the RETRO 
FIT
my body.

To make the old, "new" 
and fit this "old" body
in a new way!

I know this isn't a new concept for me,
I've already done some old stuff,
I'm just dedicating all of FEBRUARY to it.

I might even throw in a 5th redo for LOVE'S sake...
OK for V Day!

Do ya love it?!
Well, do you?


Do you have anything old aka RETRO that
you've made new or modernized?

DO TELL....

Here's this week's RETRO-FIT  redo

Tiny tree blouse: Thrifted .99!



BEFORE
Too big, wide sleeves but awesome darts in the front
and back.


L. I removed the cuffs from the sleeves so that I could take them in.
T.R. I also opened up the bottom hem so that I could take in the width.
B.R. I took in about 1 inch from the sleeves
 and followed through the body about 3/4 inch.

I then cut the excess, sewed the edges to stop from fraying
and hem.


I then pinned the cuffs back on, sewed together and sewed the edges as well.

Last, I reinforced the darts as they were starting to loosen.
I also reattached some loose buttons.

AFTER
I've been taking my own pics again as hubby has been in 
a football trance lol
Sorry about the lighting, I wore with a tan tank (thrifted .50), jeans,
tan suede boots (bday thrift item 5.00) & my old thrifted wooden necklace.


SIDE
I love the slouch/waist in the fabric.

Close up of waist

2013 OUTFIT RESTYLE
Owl tank: Grocery Outlet/ Jeans & flats: thrifted
////////////////////

And the rest of my accomplishments...

Accomplishment #2
Nothing big ...just walked/jogged on the treadmill for 30 min.
BUT I did beat yesterday's calories burned, woohoo!
Don't judge, its been over a year.
I'm pretty rusty
&
feel kind of beat up lol

Accomplishment #3
I've chosen my words carefully when speaking to my kiddos
and have watched my tone.
I messed up 1 time but was quick to apologize.

Accomplishment #4
I made 2 charts for the kids, a chore chart to make their chores official
and a chart for healthier lunches.
Their reward each Friday (& me too)= JAMBA JUICE!
Their school is starting it up as a fundraiser
and available on site.

What have you proudly accomplished?

Comments

Popular Posts