HAPPY NEW YEAR! CORDUROY PANTS

SUNDAY, JANUARY 1, 2012
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!




We spent the afternoon (12/31) with the kids at the park, they rode their bikes while we walked behind them. I got to take a few pictures of the scenery, which I love to do.  Later on at home, we relaxed, watched some movies and I eventually got to the redo. 

Hubby and I stayed up to ring in the new year and started talking about 2012.  M.S. got home about that time, so she joined our conversation and we all discussed what we were believing God for in our lives, families and church.

I'm excited for what 2012 holds.  Knowing that when you position yourself for change, growth, ingenuity, creativity and knowledge, God can do anything.
 We're giving God the canvas of 2012, letting Him direct our steps for this coming year and living with expectancy! I can't wait to see the picture he paints, how 2012 unfolded and where we will be a year from now.

CAN'T WAIT!!!

PS. we didn't go to bed until 2am and had church in the morning!!



OK this weekend I worked on some Corduroy pants I thrifted recently. I hadn't owned anything other in corduroy, since my black jacket I got a few years back and seemed like an easy fix. Truthfully, after the long days during Christmas, I was ready to take on something simple.


PANTS $2.00 thrifted


CORDUROY PANTS



BEFORE: Bootcut pants, hoping for skinny will take straight leg.
(As you may have noticed, I finally started using the collages. It reduces all the photos and scrolling down.
I'd been lazy all this time.
 Time for change!)
CORDUROY PANTS

Top Left: I turned the pants inside out and made sure inner/crotch seams lay straight down.
T.R. I did the same with my skinnies and layed over the corduroy pants.
B.L. Then I took a ruler to help me draw a line 1/4" from jeans. I marked all along the inside seams.
B.R. I then sewed 2x close to each other, and cut the excess.

BEFORE: Belt loop tore off by pocket.
L. Hole where loop was attached.
R. Attached seam piece.
I used some of the leftover seam because its the thickest to cover the hole and reattach the belt loop to.
I did this by hand and with a thick needle.
CORDUROY PANTS

AFTER

So...this is one of the outfits I wish I could have reconsidered. After being up so late/early into the morning, I was tired and not entirely thinking it through.
Pirate anyone?
I will REDEEM these pants later on with a much cuter outfit, I will, really. lol

I wore it with my teal tank, plum top REDO 49, black CORDUROY jacket (gifted), and black boots (scrunched) I got for my birthday last year.

SIDE



Seam I worked on.

The photo doesn't show the whole pant leg but when I DO redeem these pants you'll be able to see.

TO BE CONT'D......


  

SUNDAY, JANUARY 15TH, 2012


MY REDEMPTION

After church we ate lunch, relaxed, napped and then got ready for the first night of our church's conference.
This is what I wore.


CORDUROY PANTS

More color blocking
I wore my pants with my fav sweater, teal tank, red pumps, and teal earrings

CORDUROY PANTS, REDOS, THRIFTED PANTS, DIY SKINNIES
SIDE

they look black but are brown.



Comments

Popular Posts