DIY ROUNDED SHIRT CUTOUT

SUNDAY, JANUARY 29, 2012

DIY SHIRT CUTOUT, ROUND CUTOUT
This is the 2nd item I worked on this week, 
the bib I'm wearing is llinked below.




Hubby's shirt BEFORE: Too big/wide

I think hubby is catching on to this REDO thing I'm doing 
because he asked me if I wanted his shirt.
Um, YES please! 


 1. I had seen a shirt on with a rounded cutout and thought I'd try it myself. I turned the shirt inside out, aligned the side seams and pinned.
2. Then I folded over 1 more time, basically the front was folded over to the back and pinned. I cut the bottom hem and across diagonally.
 If you want a wider curve, cut a bit closer to the right side.
3. I then pulled out a long sleeve my size, laid it over (still inside out) and marked 1/2" on sleeves through the chest and flared out slightly 1", as it went down to the waist. I then sewed and cut the excess.
4. My size :)

AFTER: 
I wore it with my new BIB necklace, orange tank, black earrings, black bangle, new leopard bangle($1 each at flea market),  silver/orange ring, blue JEANS
and recently thrifted Naturalizer rider boots $3.74(great condition) YAHOOOO!

 Side view

My fun jewelry 


Pretty easy REDO!

Comments

Popular Posts