POLKA DOT SKIRT & JANE!?

SUNDAY, JANUARY 15TH, 2012


Yay, no more cushion work!

I finally got a chance to work on something for me this weekend. Friday night the fam and I got some Redbox movies and as we watched, I got to start this week's redo.


I went to the thrift store earlier in the week, looking for more items to redo. I was specifically looking for something to wear for my upcoming birthday, but I'll get to that next week.
 For now, this is the dress I worked on.


DRESS- $1.98 thrifted
I'll get to "JANE" at the end of the post :)

GREEN POLKA DOT SKIRT

BEFORE



I really liked the color and polka dots. It was a small but made more like a large and the chest area hang SOOO low it was unbelievable.


GREEN POLKA DOT SKIRT

1.  I decided to remove the top and make a skirt.
2. I then found the middle and did my best to evenly work in some pleats (front/back), then pinned those down. I also took in 2in from each side and sewed.

3. I used the leftover elastic I had from the cushion covers and sewed it together to widen it, then into a loop.
4. I then pulled the fabric through the elastic loop and folder over the material, pinned and sewed. It was too long for me so I removed 3 in. from the bottom and sewed.

GREEN POLKA DOT SKIRT

AFTER

L: Back with small pleats
R: Front with larger pleats



GREEN POLKA DOT SKIRT
BAM!
COLOR BLOCKING

I love how it turned out :)
I wore it with my blue blouse, black elastic belt, tights, black pumps (recently thrifted $1.50), 2 matching chunky bracelets, green ring and black earrings.


SIDES


GREEN POLKA DOT SKIRT



This time I left the top buttons open and ironed down the corners.



without the belt



My shoes!

Ok...so I guess I'm succumbing to being a girly girl because I've worn more dresses/skirts/heels in the last year or so.
BUT NOT a FRILLY kind of girl
Or a materialistic, demanding, keeping up with "Jones" kind of girl.
lol
Who would of thought?
The girl who hated dresses, dolls, and Barbies when growing up, is loving the changes.
I wasn't a tom boy, I just didn't like that stuff.

Now I do...the dressing up part.

:)

PS.

I redeemed my CORDUROY pants today!




1/24/12

I JUST saw the 1/17/12 airing of JANE BY DESIGN.....my new fave!

This is what I saw

found online

Its the flipped version of mine!
The pure joy of this lol
Of course Jane rocked hers better with those shoes!

Watch The Burkin


Comments

Popular Posts