REDO #48 BOYS TIE TO FAUX HANDKERCHIEF BLOUSE

Sunday, November 13, 2011 at 4:21pm

This weekend included Veteran's Day (THANK YOU greatly to all who have/do serve!) and due to that Holiday, we were able to join hubby on his monthly trip to Eureka.
 Yahoo, a break from the norm :) 
I relaxed so much I didn't take many pics lol BUT I do have more from our Sept trip, which at some point in time I will hopefully put up.

 I haven't done much photo posting in months, which I happen to post up on FB. Since I've been focused on REDO's,  my computer is filled with pics I STILL need to print and put away in albums....sigh. Documenting the lives of my little ones and our family is my other love. I don't scrapbook,  just keep organized albums of our lives.
I'm backed up as far as FEBRUARY of this year :/ I gotta tackle that soon.

Anyway, I worked on the shirt before we left because I knew we wouldn't be back in time to work on anything. I used a tie my mom thrifted for my son which was too small and typically something he doesn't use, unless its a special event.


 1.SHIRT- $0 thrifted this years ago.
2.TIE- $0 Thrifted by my mom for M


BOYS TIE TO HANDKERCHIEF
BEFORE: Brown button up shirt, too wide. I've worn as is in the past BECAUSE I've been heavier.



I took it in slightly, about 3/4 inch from each side. I didn't cut the excess, just left it.


My other issue was the gap between the top buttons, I sometimes get when moving around. Yes, a tank top covers it but I'd like to have the option of NOT having to wear one. So, I sewed a little bit between the top 2 buttons and right above the top button since it opens up quite a bit.


BOYS TIE TO HANDERCHIEF
BEFORE: TIE is an iridescent reddish brown with red, blue and white lines. My mom got this for M but thankfully for me, it was too small for him.


I opened it up.


I cut the narrow part of the tie and then in half. Its DOUBLE SIDED!!!!


I planned on using 1 of each side. I sewed the length on both sides to help the shredding but not the width.


I then sewed right down the middle but DIDN'T back stitch (locks thread & keeps it from unraveling) so that I could pull the bottom string. FYI machines have a top thread(seen on most machine tops) and bottom thread (housed in the bottom part) which work together. Once pulled, the fabric scrunches and then you can knot the thread.


BOYS TIE TO HANDKERCHIEF
I tucked in 1 side of the tie fabric into pocket and pinned for sewing. I then did the same for the other pocket. I'll be using the leftovers later on.


BOYS TIE TO HANDKERCHIEF
AFTER: I wore with my black stretchy belt, black skirt-worn backwards :) (REDO #29), black boots, black earrings/necklace & red ring.


BOYS TIE TO HANDKERCHIEF
CLOSE UP: Brown + blue. They look like men's handkerchief's :)


SIDE:

Comments

Popular Posts