DIY BIB NECKLACE

SUNDAY, JANUARY 29, 2012






diy bib necklace, denim necklace, rit dye denim,


My family has been dealing with an ongoing situation
but PRAISE GOD, it IS much better!

These 2 scriptures encouraged me :)

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see. Hebrews 11:1 NLT
AND
Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy.  For you know that when you faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. James 1:2,3 NLT

////////////////////

This weekend we stopped at our local Mexican market for some of these delicious treats,

Mexican pastries/sweet bread, better known as Pan Dulce
It's not as sweet as other pastries but just as delicious with a glass of cold milk,
 coffee or Mexican hot chocolate.

Their selection of individual sized cakes, cupcakes, custards, choco covered apples,strawberries & bananas, cheesecakes,Tres leches (3 milks)cake, eclairs
 AND my fave FLAN!!!

Of course NONE of which I could have lol
What a tease!

We broke our fast the 22nd
but
I got right back on the 23rd in response to my family's situation.
SO....the bread was ONLY for my fam.

BUT I did get a treat too....
A HUGE container of my favorite fresh salsa, SPICY but oh soo good.
Runny nose but don't care, kind of good haha.


////////////////////

OK, onto what I worked on this week.





DRESS- $0.50 thrifted

BEFORE: Front/Back
The dress was in great condition, like new. 
I knew I wouldn't keep it a dress, I wanted to try something different.



How about a BIB?!
Not the baby kind either haha.
1. I removed the collar from the dress by unstitching it, then set the rest aside for future use.
 I used jean thread & a thicker needle on my machine to restitch the areas I had opened.
2. I decided that I would use the underside as the top and change the shape of it.
 I removed the buttons, folded the collar in half (striped side up), sewed an angled line and then cut from 1/2" away, following the stitch. 
Also at the very bottom, I cut a tad in the opposite direction.
3. I then spread the sides and sewed by hand with a similar colored thread.

4. I didn't want to use the dark blue as my base, so I threw it in a little bucket with 2 cups hot water & 1/2 cup bleach and let that soak.
5. In the mean time, I pulled out an old piece with faux crystals I had received 2 Christmas's ago.
 I'd only been using the pewter chain it came with and had stored these for some other day.
Well it's THAT day :)
6. I took hubby's needle nose pliers and started to remove each crystal from its little chain.
7. About an hour of bleaching I got this.....but I still didn't like it.
I'm not fond of this blue. What to do?

DYE TIME!

Saturday afternoon after hanging out at the flea market with my family, I ran into Walmart for some dye! They didn't have fuchsia so I improvised.

8. I bought Petal pink and Wine and found a color I liked on the RIT color guide - 
Cool Red #416
that called for Wine & Fuchsia but replaced it with pink instead.
I boiled some water, poured 2 cups of boiling water into the same bucket after cleaning it, 1/2 cup salt and doubled the "color recipe" IE: 2 Tsp Wine, 2 Tbs Pink.....although now that I think about it, I might have flipped the quantities lol
9. After 30 min dye bath ,warm water rinsing & drying.
10. After the dye bath I realized I like the threading. I sewed the short chain and crystals with matching gold thread on the threaded side. Then I added back the buttons.

The outfit I wore it with is in the next post,
along with this khaki shirt redo.
BIB NECKLACE

////////////////////


My mom and sis came back into town, attended service with us and then treated us to my belated bday lunch, which marked the end of my 2nd fast.



AND GUESS WHAT??!!
As soon as I got to the church cafe (I work the am shift),
awaiting ME on the counter,
was this 
HUGE
 DISH
OF

FFFFLLLAAANNNN!!!



Miss D.A. had fulfilled my previous request of her mom's awesome flan
for my bday.
Being out of town, she wasn't able to supply the goods.
BUT she's back and surprised me with it! 


////////////////////

Comments

Popular Posts