REPURPOSED GIFTBAG ART & FRAMES- Hello Kitty Makeover

SATURDAY, MAY 4, 2013

I hope you all had a great week
and will be enjoying your weekend.

I've recently posted a continued story I began over a year ago
here .  It's about how my family came to be.
I've got a little more to go but since I have yet to finish the How-To's
on my daughter's room, here goes.

Everything else Hello Kitty is here





REPURPOSED GIFTBAG, GIFTBAG ART, PAINTED FRAMES
Hello Kitty art- Repurposed box & giftbag FREE
Striped frame- thrifted $0.41 tx included
Grapevine frame- thrifted $2.14 tx included
Gold mirror- thrifted $0.41 tx included








HELLO KITTY ART

I knew when my daughter had her Hello Kitty birthday
I'd be reusing her gift bags & boxes to decorate her room.

At the time I didn't know how,
all that mattered was that I had FREE Hello Kitty prints for my using.


REPURPOSED GIFTBAG, RECYCLING GIFTBAG
L. I didn't end up using the boxes from her gifts because it was difficult to cut through on the detailed items.

I cut out the large Hello Kitty print from both sides of the large bag
and cutting out 2 cardboard pieces from this leftover fan box.

I used brand new zebra print fabric I had purchased last summer
for the background.
I also had cheesecloth I had gotten from the salvage sale a while back, 
technically free as items are sold per weight and this is extremely light.

I didn't want the art to look cheesy due to the high gloss of the bag
so the cheesecloth was going to help in deflecting some of that gloss
and adding texture.

 I cut enough material to overlap, about 1 inch and used my hot glue gun.


RECYCLING GIFTBAG, GIFTBAG ART
After gluing 

I then added the cheesecloth over the Hello Kitty prints
and used part of the VIA instant coffee package
as a frame hanger like here.


AFTER

STRIPED FRAME

GOLD STRIPED FRAME

I didn't have to paint this frame except for the gold stripes.
I used painters tape and Delta Ceramcoat Gleams in Metallic 14k Gold, both of which I already had.

I used the tape itself to determine spacing by 1st taping the corners,
then adding a strip right next to it, then a third,
then going back to the second and removing it.
I continued that around the other 2 corners and sides.

GOLD STRIPED FRAME
AFTER


GOLD FRAMES

All I did with these was add some white paint to bring out the designs.




Comments

Popular Posts