A LOOK INTO MY SON'S ROOM & PLANS FOR IT!

WEDNESDAY, MAY 22, 2013


This is what my son's room looks like, 
now that his little sis has her own room.

The bed skirt helped hide all their excess toys.
He has a jungle/safari theme currently

They had lots of toys between them and keeping the room
tidy and simplified was a difficult task for me.

I can't handle clutter.
I'm a visual person and visual clutter tends to cause me mental clutter,
if that makes sense.
Of course, there are times when so much is going on,
that clutter happens and I can't do anything about it, in that very moment.
So I do my best to not stress over it and
remind myself I will handle it when I get to it.



Dollar Tree frames & hats. Pictures printed from computer.

The desk aka homework spot and computer are newer additions, since my daughter has moved out.

I made the lamp with an Asian cone hat, straw skirt and a lamp kit.

Ms. M&M was a gift hubby brought from work for the kids.....yay, more stuff lol
It was part of a display.
 My son's room is much larger than my daughter's.
I feel less pressure about doing his room for some reason.
Almost easy.
Except I haven't started it yet lol


He made a compromise with me as I AGAIN did not want to do a typical
themed room.

He wants NASCAR/racing, I suggested racing from different periods,
which would include some retro stuff :)
I'd also like to include some weathered/rusted items.

Here are some of my ideas!

Racing room collage
all photos found online

My challenge with him as well is keeping true to what he likes/wants
but with a slight variance.

I'd like to include these ideas in doing the following:


  • Paint the light colored walls the same color as my daughter's room- Stone White 
  • I've included a color sample of what the opposite walls already are, they'll be staying that color
  • Remove bed skirt & go through everything under the bed 
  • Convert the bed back into a seating area
  • Make/find cushion cover and make throw pillows
  • Thrift a newer comforter for the top Used 1 we already had
  • Remove or fix small mirrored dresser (if fixed, then paint knobs) Removed
  • Paint mirror grayish blue like this Left as is
     
    I prefer the 2 left ones
  • Paint the desk, maybe this will be the rusted item
  • Paint the chairs and reupholster, adding padding and checkered material
  •  Didn't reupholster but added checkered material
  • Attempting to convert his current lamp into a filter one STILL want to do this!
  • Make a new hanging lamp
  • Finding/making new curtains
  • Painting the knobs on the dresser with the TV, grayish blue Left as is
  • Change out/make a hanging lamp
  • Try making my own chalk paint and painting the short oak dresser Left as is
  • Take Ms. M&M out!
  • Hang up a large racing flag we got from the church sale a few years ago
  • Frame some signed racing pictures hubby got a few years ago
  • Use  tool boxes I recently thrifted 
  • Hang auto parts we recently found at the flea market
  • Make large auto collage and use my daughter's old frame to frame it.
  • Make a cool mobile with son's banged up hot wheels
  • Hang up son's thrifted race suit we used for his 9th birthday
MAYBE, if hubby can swing it, make a cool rolling tire table, 2 tires high.

In my mind this all sounds great, hahaha
hopefully it's not an overload for the room.

We'll see.



Comments

Popular Posts