CHEVRON WHITE/CORK BOARD- Hello Kitty Makeover

THURSDAY, MAY 16, 2013


This is the last of the Hello Kitty how to's

The rest of them are here

DIY CRAFTS, REDOS, DIY CHEVRON, DIY CHEVRON CORKBOARD
This was originally just a white board thrifted for $0.75 minus a discount
which came out to-$0.41 +tx!!!
That's right, under a buck!




This is the before look


I cleaned off the stained board as best as possible.


I then covered it so I could paint it white(craft paint).

While that dried I cut cork board measuring 1/2 of the length of the board.
I still wanted to keep part of the white board.

I had picked up these corkboard sheets for pennies at the salvage sale.
I used my X-acto knife to cut 2 sheets, hot glued them together and then started to mark off the chevron print.

chevron cork board

This time I used thick paper to make a triangle and marked lightly with pencil where I wanted my peaks.
I kinda winged it when it came to how close to each other
and how far down.
I painted the outer parts a brighter pink and the inside a lighter one,
including the edges of both layers.

One everything was dry, I distressed the frame a bit and used the glue gun 
to attach the cork to the frame.

That's it!

REDOS, DIY Cork board, DIY CRAFTS, chevron cork board

ALL DONE!




Comments

Popular Posts