REDO #50 MOM JEANS FIX & #51 TIE FLOWER

 Saturday, December 3, 2011 at 2:33am
THESE are my LAST REDO's of the YEAR!!!!

Well.....let me clarify, while you IGNORE the fact that I'm late again in posting (its been a continual thing ) haha, this was due 11/27. 
These are the last redo's of my 2010/11 year!

 I did my very FIRST REDO the first week of December 2010, wore to church on that Sunday 12/5 and posted the next day.

My first 2 redo's this week are posted here, my VERY VERY last is in the next post.  


I worked on the 1st two items before our Thanksgiving trip down south, because I wouldn't have much time after our return. The last item I worked on Saturday night which I'll post next.  The jeans I bought a month ago at the thrift store but didn't like the "MOM" look.... you know the high waisted, big bun, unflattering look haha. I thought I'd give them a chance since I'd gotten a tiny bit of experience with my "FLO" pants. The flower was made from leftover boy's tie (REDO #48)


1. JEANS - $4.00 thrifted
2. FLOWER - $0 gifted boy's tie by Mom

MOM JEANS REDO
  1.BEFORE: High waisted dark blue jeans. They look black in this picture.




Back side


Inside out, crotch area. I pulled the seam forward for pinning.


Side view of the pinning. I started from the center about 1/4 in. up and pinned out towards inner thigh area, tapering.


I then sewed from the center out on both sides. Crossing my fingers!


2.BEFORE: I cut 6 rectangles and 4 squares out of the leftover boys tie.


RECTANGLES: I joined 2 corners for each one as I needed them.


SQUARES: These I made sure the corners did NOT meet and were used last.


FLOWER FROM TIE LEFTOVERS
I then stacked the large rectangles in opposite directions followed by the squares the same way on top. I used brown thread and sewed all together by hand. EASIEST flower so far!


FLOWER FROM TIE LEFTOVERS
side view


TIE FROM LEFTOVER TIE
top view


MOM JEAN REDO
AFTER: I wore my white polo (REDO #44), red tank, vest(REDO #7) NEW flower pinned w/ a safety pin, the jeans I worked on, converse & my red ring.


FLOWER


BACK: Sorry had to show the bun area, not saggy eh? lol


FRONT: Same for here, the stitching is different but again WHO's gonna be looking?

Comments

Popular Posts