REDO #52 ADDING A LAYERED RUFFLE

 SATURDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2011 



LAYERED RUFFLE

  
 This is a proud moment!
I have been at these redos for a WHOLE YEAR!
52 REDOS in 52 weeks
(at the end here, I was on crunch time, catching up for lost time)!
 The biggest blessing has been knowing, that the God given creativity I possessed and lay dormant for many years, was reignited with fervor through this little project! 


 The feeling of accomplishment I've gotten from all these redos is pretty cool!



NOT in the "look at me, look what I  did" kind of way, but a

 "WOW, thank you LORD for helping me feel creative, inspired, resourceful, useful, proud
 (unboastful kind of course),CONFIDENT, etc, again!"  

Yep, He's great like that!

I also gotta say its been nice to share this fun little experience.
Even if for no one else but God and I.
I've gotten the chance to learn, do something I love, 
 figure this and myself out along the way,
mistakes and all.

I can't wait to start on year 2!
(My year runs from December 6 to December 6)

 PS...I HOPE YOU ALL HAD AN AWESOME THANKSGIVING!







OK, on to this last post of year 1!

BEFORE: Great navy blue top but too long.
This shirt was given to me by J our previous child/student. :)
 I worked on it this Saturday evening, after hubby and I unpacked, washed clothes, bathed kids, got in pj's, had dessert and family time. 
IF I hadn't been watching TV too I might have gotten this finished sooner.


I removed the bottom edge and left raw.

I then cut the seam from 1 side and sewed the raw edge.

I pinned about 4 in. of the sewed side on the collar, the opposite way so that after being sewed it would flap over and down.

Once that 1st piece was sewed and flipped down, I zig zagged to the opposite direction, layering down and sewed again.

I continued through the whole strip of material, shortening the width a bit as I went down.

AFTER:
 I wore by new ruffled shirt w/ the green sweater vest (REDO #36), grey cardigan, black skirt (REDO #29), suede boots, green ring & pewter hoops.

RUFFLE: Love it!

SIDE


////////////////////



 

Comments

Popular Posts