LOVE MONTH :) HIS AND HER VALENTINE SHIRTS


SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2012



VALENTINE SHIRTS, HIS AND HER SHIRTS

Ok, so its not VALENTINE'S DAY.........YET.

But in honor of that day and the added focus on expressing one's appreciation &
 love for your significant other,
or anyone who is special in your life;
I have dedicated February to Vday themed REDO's.

I will tread lightly as I do not want these to be cheesy in any way, haha.






On a side note, WHAT a game tonight! Right?!


Image Detail
found online
lol I'm kidding.
 I sat with hubby for 20ish minutes,
  trying to follow one of  the LOVE & RESPECT suggestions for wives.
No, it doesn't say women should sit through football. 
Our church has been hosting its 1st Love & Respect group, with 4 awesome sessions so far!
I want to be a better wife,
but football was a stretch for me haha.
I tried, really.




Image Detail
found online
 It suggests I show RESPECT by participating in a activity hubby likes where I do no/limited talking, haha that's a toughy for me. (It sounds weird but its really not)
Basically an activity done side by side with my hubby, as men don't need much conversation/fellowship like women do and in turn he is to show LOVE by making face to face time with me cuz I DOOO.

I can handle that :)


On to this week's REDO's

Hubby had asked me a few months ago if I could fix his long sleeve shirt, 
but I hadn't gotten to it.  Since I was going to work on my redo, I figured I'd get to his first.


MEN'S BUTTON UP- $? Previously thrifted
DRESS- $2.00 thrifted

Hubby's sleeve had snagged on something causing it to tear.
It was a pretty easy fix.
I realized as I was working on hubby's shirt that it had tiny leaves in heart shapes.
At least in my opinion.


1. I used one of hubby's short sleeved button up as a guide and cut.
2. I then pinned the sleeves and sewed!
3. ALL DONE
I wish he would have worn it today but he didn't. I'll get a photo of him in it someday.



My REDO

BEFORE: The dress was cute but more for a young girl than a "young" lady like myself.
AND heart leaves? What a lovely coincidence.

1. I removed the elastic from the waist and cut across right where it was, I was going to make a Blouse with the bottom half.
2. I turned the fabric inside out and upside down, using the bottom (ruffles) as the top. I used my white flowered top as a guide and marked as close to the white as possible, then pinned both sides. Since the white top is a little looser I figured I could get away with not adding extra width, but cutting at marked area and eventually folding edges and sewing.

3. Before cutting or sewing I tucked in the ruffles on one side.  When turned out the correct way, they would show on the shoulder.

4. I then cut out the shirt from the fabric and also unstitched the right upper seam because it was going to be a sleeve.

5. I folded over the right side and sewed.
6. I then cut diagonally from the visible ruffle down to the pit area.
7. I pinned the diagonal & left side and sewed.

8. I then got to use hubby's leftover for my blouse! 
 I get to wear something of his while wearing something of mine :)
After messing with the material and figuring out how I was going to use it, I cut right under the tear, unstitched the seamed side and cut the other side, giving me 2 identical pieces.

9. I flipped the shirt, folded the diagonal side over it and had my guide for the black piece.
10. I then cut a similar angle on the black pieces (with enough to fold the edges) then sewed the left, top & right sides x2 (red thread). I then pinned the tops together, pinned the bottoms to its corresponding side and sewed.
11. I then got back to the original sleeve and sewed the edges, making sure I split the ruffle in half so that it would stay open.

FRONT/SHOULDER RUFFLE/BACK

AFTER!
Way more lady like, less little lady  :) I wore it with my black skirt, red wedges, silver hoops, silver heart necklace, pewter bangle ( both flea market finds $1) , silver bangle and red/silver ring.

CLOSE UP

Black shoulder/Ruffled shoulder


SIDE

JEWELRY

////////////////////






Comments

Popular Posts