BED SKIRT & 1ST HELLO KITTY WALL ART

TUESDAY, MARCH 12, 2013

Here's what I've got completed so far...

http://sowseeksewreap.blogspot.com/2013/03/bed-skirt-1st-kitty-framed-decor.html

I've been busy with multiple things
(working on my kitchen!)
including the redo-ing of my daughter's room and trying to make jean babies.

My living room floor has jeans, threads, dolls & old t-shirts
all piled up, waiting patiently for me to get back them.

The far end of my table has frames,
cheesecloth and other craft items for my daughter's room.
I'm between both, jumping from thoughts, ideas
deadlines, to what's for dinner and my regular weekly duties.
Its madness, but just in my brain hahaha

At least the rest of the house is orderly and my kitchen is spotless!

Before look at bed

room makeoved

 CROCHET BED SKIRT: $4.89 Previously thrifted 
for a Christmas craft that never happened.
BEDSKIRT REDO
Bed skirt was a full/queen size
It was too big but I loved the crocheted part so much.
N's room was the best place to get use of it.
L. This is an after pic, I guess I didn't take a before pic :(
I lined up the edges of the skirt with the edge of bed and folded over in the middle.
I then pinned for sewing.
T.R. I sewed across the top
B.R. Then down the length of it on both sides of center fold.

Once again, after sewing

BEDSKIRT, crochet bedskirt
It hides her extra blankets nicely, at least temporarily 
because she'll be getting a mattress underneath.

And her brother  won't have to rough it on the floor anymore hahaha.
They've been taking turns, going to sleep in one room or the other
so he's not on the floor as regular.

CROCHET BEDSKIRT
Close up of flower :)

-----

HELLO KITTY DECOR: somewhat free
NEW FRAME: previously purchased at salvage sale with others
.50
CHEESECLOTH: pennies

RECYCLED GIFT BAGS
These were the empty gift bag and boxes from her birthday.
I saved them this specific reason,
CHEAP prints!

RECYCLED GIFT BAGS, FRAMED GIFTBAG
 1)I printed up Hello Kitty in French Script sizing: 12, 14, 16, 18
varying the sizes a few times, cutting and pasting along the way.

2) I then used some instant coffee to age the paper.
HERE is where the gift bag comes in.
I cut the birds and then a few more from the bag
 then hot glued them.

3) I then played with FIRE! 
Not really, I used my stove top to burn the edges.
It could use a little more

RECYCLED GIFTBAG, HELLO KITTY
 I then cut a small piece of cheesecloth, stretched it a bit
and then framed.
That's it!

RECYCLED GIFTBAG, HELLO KITTY
TADA!

Its up for effect but coming down for eventual wall painting.




Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts