DIY BRANCH CURTAIN ROD & TABLECLOTH CURTAINS- Hello Kitty Makeover

MONDAY, APRIL 15, 2013


HAPPY MONDAY!
Or should I say
HAPPY-hope you got your taxes done -MONDAY!

I did, finally.

I feel like I've gotten a better grasp of "reality",
since my kids went back to school 2 weeks ago, 
and we're all into our regular routines.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE when they get breaks,
 but getting back into the swing of things,
AFTER having no schedule,
 is tough.

But its a great "challenge" to have,
I wouldn't change it for the world.
 I'm able to be home with them, volunteer at their school,
help my church out and all kinds of other fun things.
 I'm very thankful for that.


OK, so onto how I got NB's curtain rod up
and curtains made.

DIY CURTAIN ROD, BRANCH CURTAIN ROD, TABLECLOTH CURTAINS
This is all part of her Hello Kitty  room makeover.




Tablecloths: Thrifted $6.99 total  tx. included
Branches: FREE


The two tablecloths were in good condition.
I cut them in into equal fourths and sewed the edges.

Before sewing the pieces (1 white, 1 tan 4x), I pinned them together
making sure to add equal lengths of lace (already had) for the straps.
(lost photos)

They're still pretty shear so I plan on getting blinds for more privacy.


I love that I can easily change the look by pinning up all the tan portions
or just the inner 2.

The corner branches came from our bush and the "rod"
was a walking stick hubby picked up a while back.

This stick happen to have flaky reddish bark.
I sanded what I could and then sprayed it with clear sealer
 to keep it from snagging the lace.


Hubby pre-drilled holes in both corner pieces
and then used inserts? for the screws.
The inserts help the screws be extra sturdy in the wall.

This was pretty easy,
of course with hubby's help hahaha
He DID have to cut the branches for me and drill.


Hubby gets points for helping out,
EXTRA for going along with my idea 
:)




Here's a little encouragement,
I sent out to my bible study girls this morning.
I thought I'd pass it along to you.

*Think positive and look for the good in EVERY situation*
(I don't care what it is)
because life IS worse if you don't.
You don't stand alone on anything,
God is always with you.
He desires for you to trust him
and stop looking at things as a victim.
Choose strength through the Lord 
and 
make up your mind that the enemy isn't going to slow/stop you.
WHO does he think he is?!
chump.
*YOU ARE A CHILD OF THE ONE TRUE KING!* 


HAVE A GREAT WEEK FRIENDS!

Comments

Popular Posts